I’m just f%cking tired

@veronm144 It’s crazy the amount of self centered idiots that somehow score overly competent women as wives. It’s almost baffling how this is such a shock to them all of a sudden after having children.

@veronm144 My husband: what’s wrong with him, how do you do this, when does he need to start doing that, why is he doing that

Also my husband when I tell him that I read online that it’s normal or that we should try to do things this way and it’s not the answer he wanted cause it likely requires some level or work or discredits what he thought: you can’t believe everything you Google or just because lots of people on the internet are saying that doesn’t mean it’s true

@pencil_on_paper Yup. Sounds about right.

Can I add that when you go to tell someone about how hard it is, they make meaningless suggestions or make it seem like it’s your fault things are so hard? One example, I was complaining that I’m the only one that works, does all overnight feeds, all meals, etc..
Them: “why don’t you just tell your husband to get up at night”
Me: “baby is breastfed”
Them: “but you have frozen milk!”
Me: {sigh….}

@lianne72 Yes. Breastfeeding requires removal of milk to keep up with supply, not develop engorgement or other mastitis symptoms. Also my frozen breastmilk has high lipase taste, so it needs to be mixed with fresh for it to be drinkable. There are other reasons why late nights it’s not ideal, such as the time it tastes to warm the milk, baby is screaming and what.. I’m just laying there listening to his distress? The point of OPs post and my response is that the onus always seems to be on us for every hardship

Back