Pregnancy pillows are overrated

@hoop I hated mine so much, I ripped it up and dumped it. I would sweat profusely all night. I just put a blanket under my belly and pillows between my legs & under my feet

@hoop I have the 45 dollar one from Amazon and I'm obsessed with it I've had the worst insomnia since getting preggers and this thing may not come with a magic wand but I would have to say it definitely works like magic for me! It's a must in my opinion for pregnancy comfort! I also don't use a pillow when I use it though like I just lay on my left side put the back octopus looking leg to support my butt and my arm underneath so my head is comfy at the top of the c

@hoop Same here! Got one but it doesnā€™t necessarily help me sleep but helps me with positioning. Also everybody is different just because it works for one person doesnā€™t mean it will work for everyone.

@hoop Thank you for saying this!! I get this all the timeā€¦but it doesnā€™t actually make me sleep comfortably. Every time I try to sleep with mine, my sleep is actually worse! I feel like I canā€™t move enough when Iā€™m wrapped up in it. What works for one doesnā€™t work for everyone I guess!

@hoop Omg did i write this post?!? My pregnancy pillow made me so mad one night i actually did toss it off the bed. I just use normal pillows and cushions for support now. Do they help me sleep? Lol no.

Im just hoping the shitty thing will be of some use when im breast feeding.

@hoop I was sceptical too. But after I unpacked mine & tried to ā€œtest it outā€ - I fell asleep for 4 hours & missed a bunch of work meetings šŸ¤£ My LO is 8 months now & the pillow serves as a barrier to stop her crawling to our fire place. And yesterday, my husband put it on the floor & had a long nap after covering himself with several blankets. Totally get that sometimes it doesnā€™t work, or a person is too uncomfortable for much to help.

@hoop I had one of those really large ones everyone talks about. I had it month 2-5 and I loved it. Hit month six, tossed it and got the Frida mom pillow. I love how versatile it is and I use it with another firm pillow I have. I hated how the bigger ones kept my partner and I away from each other.

I agree. They can be very overrated. But the smaller ones are a lot easier to work with!

@hoop Depending on why you're not sleeping well they can really help but they aren't a cure all. But I get it any time I'd vent I would get asked if I'd tried the simplest solutions, like you think I haven't tried everything already why else am I resorting to just complaining about it all?

@hoop Agree! I use mine to cushion my calves and thighs but it does not help me sleep. It just slightly alleviates some nerve pain so I can get a little bit longer. But not much.

A wedge pillow for the belly helps alleviate the pulling sensation.

@hoop Definitely didnā€™t need until late 2nd early 3rd. Even though I basically use it I find it very cumbersome and annoying dealing with the blankets. My puppy loves it so I have to fight her for space on it šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. It also gives me a headache if I rest my head on it so I have to manage using it with regular pillows too. Lightspeed to birth!

@hoop I got a giant u-shaped shaped one, convinced it would be my holy grail of sleep goods. I get SUCH a tension headache when I wake up every night that I use it. But my husband got me one that's basically just a tube (a style more like a traditional body pillow that I wasn't sure I'd even like) that you can twist to adjust the firmness of and it's so much better. I do wish it was a little longer (I'm tall) but it's what I needed and I'm so thankful he got it for me.

@hoop I feel like i just fight with mine at night. I use it to prop myself up but it doesnā€™t really make me sleep better. However, my husband loves the pillow šŸ˜‚

Back