Pregnancy pillows are overrated

@olyvic Ugggh same. My hips are always killing me. The only thing that gives me relief is my heating pad combined with stretching, but it’s still only temporary

@mike84k I decided after a week or so I don’t like mine, so I tossed it on the floor in the middle of the night. My dog promptly found it and she loved it and declared it to be her newest bed. I’m now 2 months postpartum and she’s sleeping on the floor next to my bed, curled up in that pillow.

@hoop I absolutely love mine. The only con is how much space it takes up, but my husband insisted on getting me one and I’m so glad he did. I went to lie down on it for a few minutes to test it out and ended up falling asleep hard and napping for like 2 hours accidentally 😂 I definitely sleep better with it, but it’s by no means a perfect solution.

@researchguy2 Same story. I was very adamant that this is an unnecessary expense and I can just wing it with normal pillows as needed. Well, yesterday I told husband I am humbly eating my words because I'm at my wit's end and can we please go buy a pregnancy pillow. I got the cheapst ok-looking one from a chain store, and maintained that this is just for trying out (he wanted to get a very expensive monstrosity). Got home, figured the thing out, lay down for a couple of minutes to try it out, and awoke hours later, in the dark, way past dinner time (so we ate at 22:00). I'm 18weeks, and on night 1 already it has made a significant difference.

@hakatan Definitely. Glad you’re able to get comfy! I think I’m more annoyed that I can’t complain to anyone about not sleeping well without them asking if I have one. They’re just trying to help though. Pregnancy hormones are taking over…