Pregnancy pillows are overrated

@hoop I love mine tbh. I’m keeping it even after pregnancy. I’m autistic and have sensory processing difficulties and enjoy feeling the pressure around me, pregnancy or not. But that’s just me, I can see how they’d be useless or even annoying for some

@hoop I have a simple body pillow from target that I put between my legs, ankles and under my belly a bit. It does the job. Still sleep like crap but it does help. I had a special pregnancy pillow I can’t remember which one for my first pregnancy and hated it. It was too big and bulky. I felt like I was wrestling it every time I wanted to move. Plus, fitting me, my husband and that damn pillow in a queen sized bed was not happening.

@hoop Loved mine at the beginning when my belly was starting to take shape, but it’s now useless without two additional pillows wedged behind & in front of me. Basically a docking station for all the other pillows lol. My husband & our 3 dogs thoroughly enjoy it & if I’m not using it, guaranteed that one of the 4 of them is cuddled up with it 🥹

@hoop This is third baby for me and the first time I even knew they were a thing. I finally broke down and got one for the back and pelvic pain and actually woke up pain free (at least for the morning). I’ll sing praises for them for that reason, but knowing what the third trimester is like I feel like it’s going to be the same regardless of bad sleep and needing to pee. A pillow can only do so much.

@hoop I know every body is different, but I really like my pillow. It's one of those C shaped pillows. It's definitely not a magic pill that puts me to sleep instantly and I still often struggle to get comfy but it definitely helps me!

@hoop It certainly isn’t a fix it all but man, it made me extremely comfortable even towards the end when my body was in constant pain.

@hoop I had a coziest pillow with the cooling cover and it was a life saver, I’m not even pregnant anymore and I still use it. BUT I am a pillow lover I use like 5+ pillows

@hoop Tried several pregnancy pillows. Ended up returning them all. Wasn’t worth the expensive price tag for me. I ended up just using 2 regular cheap pillows for my knees and belly.

@hoop I didn’t buy one. It sounds like a hit or miss and they’re expensive. I just cuddle one pillow and have a second pillow slightly tucked under my hip/back and I also own a small heating pad that I can use on my lower back. Despite all the positive reviews about pregnancy pillows I don’t think people think about that fact that while I can help we’re all still going to feel uncomfortable. Just seems to be a apart of pregnancy. I’m a side sleeper who flips sides all night so none of them would even really work for me anyways. At least with my setup I have a pillow on each side of me and I’m calling it as it will be the best I can do. Plus unisom.

@hoop I hated my pregnancy pillow. I just used a regular pillow on my side. I’m also a natural side sleeper anyways so maybe that helped though

Back