STM’s, did you actually “bounce back”?

@cuteness20 It’s slow but getting there! I am focusing on eating a lot of protein and drinking a lot of water to help me not snack as much. Just adding in workouts again and focusing on my core a lot has helped

@cuteness20 I did after my second but the age gap between 1 and 2 was 13 years. I’m currently pregnant with #3 and 35 years old. We’ll see how the bounce back goes. Contributing factors are also activity after baby is born and diet. Diet and exercise will get you through labor and help make the postpartum easier but the work still has to go in after that.

@cuteness20 FTM to twins, did not workout during the majority of my pregnancy and haven’t since but am trying to get started now. I lost the baby weight by about 4 month pp (prob bc I wasn’t eating, I know it wasn’t healthy and I think it contributed to losing my milk supply), then gained 15ish pounds back over about 4 months. Working out can be good for a lot of reasons but I think the bounce back thing is dependent on if you workout and watch what you eat once you are postpartum and healed up enough to do so. Stay hydrated, start slow and listen to your body. I hear a lot of good things about stretching and slowly building back core strength pp. i highly suggest also working on arm strength while pregnant, holding/rocking/bouncing/carrying a baby can be a real arm workout and having some strength there would be helpful.

@cuteness20 Define “bounce back?” If you are asking if you will end up exactly where you started days or even months later the answer is no. But you will definitely lose the weight quicker and heal faster than most who don’t workout during pregnancy

@cuteness20 No. I did not bounce back (yet). I got pregnant just 3 months after my first. Despite working out all my pregnancy and eating healthy I’m the biggest I’ve ever been and trying to stay positive that I’ll bounce back eventually but I know it will be very hard work and I’m kind of filled with dread dragging these now huge and heavy thighs do the gym. I’m moaning now, but I know I’ll get it done. No easy, quick fixes, even with the help of surgery.

I come from IFBB pro style workouts/lifestyle and gym dedication. It’s daunting when you look like you’ve never worked out a day in your life and I’ve been working out for 15+ years.

I would love to hear some success stories. Im 2 months pp and feeling little doom gloom.

From lack of sleep to hormones, genetics, etc., your body goes through a lot. I’m still trying to figure mine out and getting pregnant right after baby no.1 doesn’t help me in any quick bounce back. Stress = increase cortisol = no weight loss and lots of rounds of being sick (for me). I have not hit the gym yet so I’m just referencing postpartum doing no fitness related activities. Funny thing is with 2 babies under 2, I hit all my fitness goals on my Apple Watch almost daily. I’m very active but not in a way that I believe the weights in the gym would.

Edit to add: EVERYONE is different. I know some women with 3+ kids and they are still tiny and slim as ever. I am just going to get a tummy tuck and whatever surgery I feel I need. I never wanted to do that but I will now after two c sections and an overhang I can’t get rid of.

@cuteness20 I’m EBF my second and I have such a hard time “bouncing back” while breastfeeding. It’s impossible for me to lose the weight without it tanking my supply, plus I’m starving all the time. It’s not that much extra weight (only a few extra pounds) but I can tell and don’t like it.

After my first I lost the weight after I weaned and started to eat well and work out more intensely. That being said my belly was still flabby, but my abs were never shredded before pregnancy either, just some extra wrinkles/stretch marks now.

For me it’s not just my body having trouble it’s also finding the time and energy (and motivation) to work out as hard as I did before.

@cuteness20 It’s been almost two years since I had my one and only. I was 41 weeks when I went into labour. Had abs the whole time lol. I was swollen for about a week after, was working out within 4, a little more ‘puffy’ than pre-preg but weighed around 125. After about 8 months it was like I didn’t even have a baby. No lie. The only sign is if I wear a sports bra there’s the slightest puffy skin under my boobs by my rib cage. And even with that I feel I’m the only person who would notice. I’m now 115 pounds. Worked out whole pregnancy and after. My mom was the same so it’s mostly genetics I’m sure but the gym certainly helped!! I’m 30.