I’m a FTM needing STM’s advice on weak pelvic floor; peeing while sneezing

@tapionmajin2 My first kiddo was 7lb 15 oz and my pelvic floor recovered pretty quickly.

My second kid was 10 lbs and I pushed that sucker out the hard way, and my pelvic floor was never the same again.

YMMV.

@tapionmajin2 Weird advice here, but how much diet soda or other caffeine do you drink? Back when I wasn’t pregnant I had a slight pee when I sneeze problem that was entirely caused by diet soda. I stopped drinking it for health reasons and within about 3 days I never peed when I sneezed again. I think other caffeinated drinks can do the same thing, but for me it was only diet soda that affected me this way. Now I’m pregnant again, and the baby hates coffee so I’m back to diet soda and wearing a panty liner.

@dylanrowe1 Oh wow that’s really interesting! I actually stopped caffeine entirely since I got an aversion to it in week 8. I don’t drink other caffeinated drinks. And I’m drinking some diet soda but not daily, maybe once a week, so I don’t think it’s that but I do appreciate you letting me know about this as it would have been an easier fix! Thanks!

Back