Havent Lost A Single Gram Since 4 Week PP - I'm Now 9 Weeks

kerrie147

I guess I'm just looking for some hope. This is my second baby, with my first I lost an immediate large amount following birth and then very slowly but still relatively steadily kept losing, which accelerated with me returning to meal prep, exercising and eventual weaning. But 9 weeks last time I had less than half of my pregnancy weight to lose. This time round nothing has worked. I've done the exact same thing with no complications in pregnancy or returning to working out, and the scale isn't moving. I even had a couple fo days where I could barely eat due to some intense detnal surgery and I still didn't lose weight. I'm so depressed every time I look in the mirror and I'm struggling to stay motivated after 5 weeks of zero change. Has anyone else had this happen?

@kerrie147 Thus has happened to me both pregnancies. It’s hormonal. After my period is back and regular I drop the weight. After both pregnancies I lost very little weight until 16-20 weeks postpartum.

First pregnancy I gained 60 pounds. Lost it all by 5-6 months PP. By 2-3 months PP I still had 25 lbs to go.

I’m 20 weeks PP with my second baby. Gained 45 lbs. I have 6 pounds left to go.

@kerrie147 This happened with my second. It came off really quickly when my baby was 3-4 months old. I didn't do anything special or change my diet at all. Just focused on eating nutritious food, in whatever volume felt good. I'm six months pp and back to my starting weight (shape is a bit different though).

I think it must have been hormonal.

@kerrie147 This is me! I'm 10 weeks pp and stuck at 27lbs to drop from my second birth. The weight basically melted off during my first pp experience.

Girl SAME! Op just hang on, you’ll get there. I know people say “be patient” and I hate that advice cause I’m super impatient but it’s kinda true