Does anyone know if r/daddit is coming back?

commie4christ

EDIT: Someone commented on here that /r/daddit_new was created, but it got downvoted. I'm assuming it was mods in support of the protest from that mod sub but figured I'd add it to the top of this post. Has some posts already.

I really missed that community over the last couple days. So many parenting subs are full of negativity about everything. Browsing r/daddit was always something that I looked forward to in my downtime. I understood the reason for the black out and feel bad for all the mods affected by the API changes. Maybe I should find another supportive "dad" community on the internet. Any Facebook group I joined wasn't exactly my vibe.

@jadreyer5 Agreed. It’s the only supportive place I’ve found for dads. Everywhere else is either so mom focused it’s impossible to be heard as a dad, or is just so toxic.

Before the left I told the mods it would be a massive shame to close the sub down, regardless of what Reddit is doing. The community there is just too important to so many people.

@labryan I'm in another dad group based on a podcast we all like and it's such a fucking downer. Every post is about divorce. I like that daddit can support those kinds of posts but also has fun and informative stuff as well

@kheper Yes. I thought daddit had such a good mix of serious posts, vents, and fun stuff. Feels like every other parenting sub is all negative and complaints. Being a dad is tough, guess I didn't realize how much I needed the positive posts on daddit.

@commie4christ There was a poll and the outcome among daddit users was to only do a temporary blackout. It'll be back. I think some subs are treating it as a 48 hour blackout and are back today. Others are doing 72 hours. I am not sure which daddit is doing.

Edit: it is now 6/15/2023 here on the USA's eastern seaboard, and /r/daddit still seems to be set to private. Perhaps their decision has changed--I expected the switch to "private" mode to end by the end of 6/14. Not sure why it hasn't yet.

Edit again: it is still 6/15/2023, and it seems that /r/daddit is no longer set to private. I think this change was made very recently because it seems as if nobody has submitted anything New to the subreddit yet since it came back.

@labryan As a Purdue grad, I need my bar graphs to understand things.

Also, there is plenty of off season fun to keep me checking it. Although I use a 3rd party app exclusively so I'm going dark like it or not at the end of the month.

@gurshwin I’ve only ever known the official Reddit app and site so can’t speak to what I’m missing, but it’s not that bad to use. I’m still plugging around the game thread bitching about Zach Edey getting mugged and Painter doing nothing about it 😬

@justusinchristsettlesall From what I understand there are a lot of 3rd party tools mods use, so that’s part of it. (Reddit has said those will be free though)
Then some 3rd party apps are a lot more accessible to those with disabilities than official Reddit.

Those are the 2 issues that actually matter imo.

@commie4christ Mod team heavily pushed for an indefinite blackout even though users voted against it. Looks like they’re walking back on “letting the community decide” and keeping it down anyway since they didn’t like the result.