Forced to use disposables for a few weeks--WHY DOES ANYONE DO THIS?!

@randomelement You're actually supposed to shake poop from disposables too and flush it, but that's not always possible; you can't really dunk & swish.

But yeah, disposables just stink. They've come a long way in the time I've been a mom (my oldest just turned 19), but that's one thing that shows no signs of being fixed. Either I had a stronger nose in my twenties or it's gotten worse as these super stay dry disposables have become the norm.

@cleanup77 I have tried to shake the poop off, but so much of it sticks that I'm not convinced it's helping at all. :/ I think that stay-dry is part of the problem, it kinda freaks me out that his diapers don't feel wet. Looking forward to getting back to cloth even just to make sure he still understands pee = wet so that potty training is easier.

@randomelement Dirty disposable diaper have their own stink that lingers. Many people I know don’t throw them away indoors, they take them outside immediately during the day or wrap them in a plastic grocery bag at night... lots of waist. One diaper in the house can linger for a while.