Bed sharing but I keep being told that babies sleep better in there own rooms by people who in my bumper group

@abandonentropy My husband is actually sleeping in another room currently to give the baby and I some more space on the bed. The only way to get her back to bed right now is the boob so I don’t know how helpful that would actually be lol. I dreamed of having three kids and now I think I might be one and done 😂

@huntinheros I'm having our second in a few months and right now I don't know what we were thinking 🙈having an almost 2yo is so much more fun and easy than a baby! But we live in a tiny place and are "older" parents (or will be soon enough) so we thought we kinda owed her to at least get one sibling.

@huntinheros Every kid is different. Mine has slept though the night since she was a month or less . In her crib.

7 months old now and still sleeping all night

Create a bed time routine . Start early since it’s gonna take some getting used to .

Create a calm relaxing environment once you want them to go to bed . Turn light down or off . Turn the wave sounds on . Turn off tv and all other distractions . And you as a parent mentally prepare your self for what’s at hand .

Attitude is everything and your kids are sponges so if bed time is a “nightmare “ ..... guess who embodies that nightmare .

It takes time and patience and also letting go .
The less expectations you have on how it will go the easier it Is.

Also remember their CHILDREN. Be patient they are trying to figure out this human shit too .

And also mom YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB NO BABY IS LIKE YOUR BABY SO TRUELY NO ONE CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE BECAUSE NO ONE HAS YOUR BABY .

You are doing a great job and your baby is so lucky to have you as their mom . As long as they are being loved ,cared for and nurtured as best as you can you are already doing amazing .

@huntinheros I moved my daughter from our room to her own because she would wake up from us rolling over in our sleep. I sleep with my baby cam on all the time and loud so she doesn’t have to cry loud to attract me. She now only wakes once a night and everyone gets more sleep. It was hard at first but we shifted her in stages. First she was in her cot next to me when I fed her to sleep. Then we moved the cot to the other side of our bedroom. Then finally after a few week we moved her into her own room. Change is scary but sleep and a little space is good too.

@huntinheros Waking this much at this age is normal. Babies go through fazes like this for years. It will just cause you to lose more sleep if you put your baby in another room because you will have to get up just as much but walk further to help

Back