(Spoiler: Funny) The DANGERS of bed-sharing 👿

@proprie Yeah they really didn’t want to hear it, but it is so true. I thought I wouldn’t cosleep until I accidentally did and got the best sleep since birth. I invested in a latex mattress (super firm) and have been doing it ever since! She is 22 months now. I think what really sealed the deal was learning how other cultures think sleep training is cruel and they default cosleep and don’t have higher incidence of SIDS. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have friends and fam who sleep trained and I am a big proponent of doing what works for you as long as it doesn’t cause harm. So sorry they were rude to you. Redditors are ruthless sometimes.

@manofsteelandvelvet Yeah I totally get it. I was completely against cosleeping until that 4 month sleep “regression” (I like to think of it more as a progression but whatever). My daughter wouldn’t sleep unless in my arms and I fell asleep in the rocking chair. When I woke up I had no grip on her at all and she was dangerously close to falling to the floor. I immediately started doing some research, and after making sure I was following every ss7 guideline I went for it. My daughter is 10 months now and I don’t feel like a crappy sleep deprived mom because it works for us. We never wanted to sleep train, both my husband and I have anxiety and couldn’t stand the thought of letting her cry herself to sleep. I definitely think people should do what works for them, and not judge others for doing something differently. But people like that are a huge reason why Americans are so hush hush about cosleeping in the first place.

@proprie Juuuuust sticking my nose into the middle of your convo
We call “regressions” software updates☺️
We just moved our 20 month old into his own bed because we welcomed newborn twins into our bed! Lots of studies show that cosleeping - when done safely - has a lot of benefits. Keep being great! ☺️

@proprie I was super against cosleeping as well. Beforr having kids I thought it was selfish to bedshare because of the risks. I was educated wrongly. Baby did sleep in the crib pretty good, but those clusterfeeding nights got me. I fell asleep sitting up feeding her, and my husband woke me up. I realized I needed to figure something out before I hurt my baby. Bedshared on occasion, and at 4 months, we went all in. We went to visit family, and she hated the pack n play, so the rest is history. I did all of my research as well. I hope one day soon the conversation will open up and people are made aware of how to safely bedshare.

@yummymummy5 No one warns you that it MIGHT rescue your breastmilk supply. No one warns you that it’s a slippery slope, and cosleeping may lead to extended breastfeeding.

I struggled with my supply in the first few months and tried supplements and triple feeding multiple times. Bedsharing was the single best supply boost, you’re basically power pumping every night😅

@sunwinmacao thisssss!!! i honestly love waking up every couple of hours to my LO wanting the boob and it sure as fuck beats having to physically get up and out of bed to sit upright to nurse, then burp and pray to your g-d that the baby falls back asleep! it makes breastfeeding so easy and has truly given me back the sleep i so desperately need!

@yummymummy5 No one warns you how good it is to all wake up together, with a big toddler smile and cuddles, and how sad you are when it doesn't happen (I put her (14mo) in her own bed every night, she joins us when she wakes up for the first time as I'm still breastfeeding and she usually is hungry at some point in the night, today she did a full 8:30pm to 6:30am and I missed her sooooo much)

Back