Why are pregnancy clothes hideous?

@linlee I hate to say it but shien is where i found cute maternity jeans. I really dont like the full belly pannel ones so the elastic on the sides has been really nice

@linlee I ordered from Shein. Not the best quality, but I was able to get a large quantity, for a good price, and felt cute. Just read reviews to gather quality and sizing differences of each piece.

@ruthie24 Another vote for Shein! I got several maternity basic shirts and regular fitting dresses that will work with a bump. I know people get on them about everything, but I’d rather afford this baby than spend hundreds on maternity clothes this summer. Plus SO STYLISH AND LESS grandma esque. I’m young and pregnant so I told my husband I refuse to look old during this😂

@ruthie24 Same here! Shein has some really cute maternity options. I got quite a few pairs of jeans that fit great. Usually prepregnancy size worked for me, but some things in the boob area were still too small.

I got a few things from Target online when they had a maternity sale. They have a great return policy, so you can buy in advance and if it doesn't work in a few months, return.

I also tried on a lot of my own clothes for summer to see what fit and looked good and what didn't. That gave me an idea of what styles I could buy in "regular" clothes that would still fit.

OP - totally agree that most clothing items are ugly or all in black! What's with the black?!? I understand it's slimming but I'm going to be pregnant all summer, and I'm not wearing all black.

@ruthie24 Same. People can hate on Shein, but no one beats them in affordability, selection, and style. I ain't spending $50 for a pair of pants or $40 for a hideous Amish dress I'll only wear for like 5 months, thanks.

Also, the quality ain't all bad. I've bought a few cotton pieces from there that feel great and stretchy shorts that feel more durable than some of the stuff I got from brick and mortar stores.

@cchunter111 Agreed! Most of what I ordered in my haul was great fit and quality. There were about 3 pieces that didn’t work, but they’re so cheap it was no big thing.

@ruthie24 I honestly LOVE Shein for mat clothing. It’s pretty cute, affordable, and you don’t wear it for all that long.
Double check the reviews and you should get some good pieces!

@linlee Nike one maternity bike shorts are my go to with oversized t shirts! Old navy has some regular activewear oversized t shirts that fit HUGE when not pregnant but perfect now that I have a bump

@linlee I just got some great shorts off Amazon. A pair of white denim shorts, 2 pairs of bike shorts with pockets and a pair of just plain lounge shorts. Shirts are tougher bc for some reason designers of maternity clothes think we all of a sudden love floral and polka dots.. but I got some plain colored t shirts from target (Ingrid and Isabel line) and they fit nice. Maternity clothes are expensive but they fit nicer than just sizing up (for me at least)

@linlee I got maternity jeans from target with the side elastic instead of the over the belly then wore my shirts until they didn’t fit and stole my husbands. I couldn’t bring myself to spend the money because they were all so ugly and expensive.

@linlee For basic T-shirts Walmart is actually good, they are so soft. I had to go to a couple of different ones to get plan ones without any stupid sayings on them but they were very affordable. I also got a pair of black jeggings that weren’t the best quality but they held up for the duration of my pregnancy.

@linlee If it was too hot for the hoodies ( specially at the end of my pregnancy I was so hot all the time), I wore some oversized t shirts :) it was not very pretty but inexpensive because I had them already and very comfortable

@linlee Motherhood brand leggings ran me about $12 and I paired those with tanks, t shirts and hoodies my entire pregnancy when I wasn’t in pajamas or my scrubs lol.

@linlee Oh I hate maternity clothes too. But I LOVED my Nike maternity biker shorts. I lived in those over the summer. PinkBlush Maternity and ASOS has cute stuff though too!

Back