Why are pregnancy clothes hideous?

@linlee Yes! Between the prices and the styles I'm like nevermind I'll just be uncomfortable in my current clothes. Currently 11 weeks and aside from some secondhand stuff I got from my local Buy Nothing group, I'm just going to make do with non-maternity dresses and long tops over leggings for as long as possible.

@linlee I just went to savers and goodwill. I flat out refuse to pay these ridiculous prices for clothes I’ll wear for like 5 months. I’ve managed to get an entire wardrobe of decent things for like $50

@linlee Target shorts for the summer 👍🏼 I bought a pair last month and so glad I did! My jeans and one pair of leggings from Amazon! And another pair of leggings from Nike maternity line. That’s all I got and will not buy more lol

@linlee i’ve gotten some cute stuff from Target, Kohl’s, Shein, and got some cute stuff off of Amazon. a lot of my dresses are post-bump friendly. and you can get some decent leggings off Amazon and Shein. Amazon has great maternity t-shirts that come in packs of 3, and they’re really cute!

@linlee I had good luck buying some basics from gap to get me through the second trimester (leggings, t shirts, tanks and jeans) during Black Friday. Max e a huge difference in my comfort. Wore my normal sweaters as it was winter.

Bought some cute dresses at old navy during the Presidents’ Day sale. Now I’m 35 weeks and many don’t fit! But I’m glad I had them and will likely rewear for my second.

@linlee If you have a Marshall’s/Ross/burkes anything like that check them out. I got biker shorts for $3, tank tops and t shirts all less than $10, and I splurged on a couple dresses at target. Lasted me my whole pregnancy!

@linlee I thrifted mens Levi’s in a larger size and cut them to make shorts. And I thrifted cute large tshirts. Wear it with a pair of comfortable sandals and it’s a look i swear lol the rubber Birkenstocks are cute and comfy and cheap

@linlee I know! It’s crazy! I tried going to fb marketplace to see what I can get for cheap and my first reaction was they are ugly. I’m also trying to go the dress route and found some things at the thrift store. I’m just slowly building a collection.
I’ve been told target has some cute things.

@linlee Ugh I’ve thought the same! It’s all so matronly looking! Check out Pink Blush, they have the best I’ve seen, not cheap but good sales, and everything I ordered from them was super high quality. They also have a huge selection so you’ll probably find some stuff you like

@linlee The best maternity clothes I ever bought were not maternity clothes. I own a variety of linen pants from old navy that worked great my entire pregnancy and beyond. An extra long tank top with an opened, loose button down. All together it is very chic, easy to dress up or down.

Back