Why are pregnancy clothes hideous?

@linlee I agree completely with your thoughts in how awful most of them are. I would strongly suggest you do get some maternity jeans (2 pairs maybe) just for days when you'd like to wear regular pants. As you go on, wearing bigger stuff (especially things like jeans) will start to look really weird for most bodies. You can probably get by in bigger fitting regular clothes for up top though! I managed to for both, but I was my biggest during cooler months so I could wear my oversized sweaters.

And as far as WHY they are hideous, I thought the same thing. Like, its pretty safe to assume we are of a certain age range, so why have us dressed in 60+ looking stuff?

@linlee I'm 16w today and don't really want to buy much "maternity" wear, I bought jeans from the gap so far, they fit quite well and the belly band doesn't seem like it'll be excessively hot for the summer. Other than jeans and leggings, I plan on buying a few dresses and skirts that have some stretch that I can buy my normal size ish and still wear during, pp and well after. Discovered last week that my normal summer shirts wont be useable as I gave some buttons an impressive workout 😳.. so I'll need a few stretchier shirts but still not going in maternity.

For inspo, I like conveythemoment on IG, her philosophy is similar to mine. She has multiple bump style highlights.

@linlee Ikr? I like expressing myself through my clothes during the warmer months (in the cold season I focus more on not freezing) and for the past couple of months I had a really hard time trying to find clothes that fit but also match my style. I 'm 20w now, with quite a big belly and struggling because none of my pants and skirts fit me anymore and for tops, I mostly have crop tops that cannot be worn eith maternity pants. So I loaded up on dresses, ordered some maternity biker shorts (non-maternity pants don't work for me anymore as I can't stand anything being too tight on the belly), some oversized t-shirts, a maternity skirt and that's about it. But let me tell you, maternity jeans are a lifesaver, don't bother buying regular jeans in bigger sizes. I got two pairs a couple months ago as, at work, it is mandatory to wear jeans, and they are soo comfortable!

Back