How long to hang onto pre pregnancy clothes?

@nomoresmiles No. Just keep your favourites. It might seem never but you will most likely get back to your original size. It takes 9 months to make a baby, just give atleast 9 months for your body to settle back after birth.

@nomoresmiles I donated a lot of clothes when I was 6 months postpartum with my second baby because I was convinced I'd never fit into them again and didn't want to be "that person" clinging to old clothes.

I really wished I'd waited another year before doing that because I did in fact get my pre-pregnancy body back! I gave up some really nice clothes thinking I was being proactive by accepting that my body was forever changed 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but I would wait at least 1-2 years before getting rid of anything!

Thankfully, I didn't get rid of all my pre-pregnancy clothes and I now wear them again. But I'm still salty about the ones I did give up haha.

@nomoresmiles I would recommend keeping it for 12 months because you don't know where things will end up or how long it will take
I found d a lot of tops fit 6 months on. Pants were more variable. But because of changes in rib shape etc some tight fitting items didn't look as nice on anymore.

I think it's good just to see how things go. I bought a whole new wardrobe at 3 months and went down a whole size at 6 months despite no weight changes

@nomoresmiles Agree with others on the 1.5-2 year range. I haven't actively dieted or consistently exercised and I slowly started fitting some of my pre-pregnancy clothes starting at 6months PP. I'm 18 months PP and am actually smaller than pre-prepregnacy so I'm glad I kept all my clothes. I did have to pack them away though because I have limited dresser space.

@nomoresmiles I'd keep clothes for 2 years for sure. Thats how long it took me to get into my smallest pair of pre-pregnancy pants.

I have already donated many shirts though because my boobs never went down in size after breastfeeding. I also had to get ALL new bras. That sucked haha

Also 2 years postpartum I still wear a lot of "maternity" shirts because they're comfortable and you'd never know they're maternity (unless you're a mom familiar with that brand with the elastic in the sides haha). So buy versatile maternity clothes that might be able to be used later as well.

@nomoresmiles I'm in the same boat, was an xs/s pre pregnancy, at 30 weeks I'm wearing s/m maternity clothes and l/xl stuff.
With my first pregnancy I went from a m to 2xl, but I got back to a xs/s. I'm holding onto all of my pre pregnancy clothes this time. I know it will take time but they'll fit again

@nomoresmiles I put them all away because I thought I will not fit in them anytime soon. And I took them out 6m pp because I'm at my original size. Except for the butt. I still don't know how I lost my butt 😅

@nickymoore138 Losing your butt as a mom is actually a thing! I too have the dreaded postpartum pancake 😂 I’ve read that it has to do with how your center of gravity changes while pregnant, and your posture/muscle use changing pp because you spend so much time sitting or standing awkwardly to hold and bounce your baby.

@nomoresmiles Took me about a year to get back into my pre preg clothes. Would have been longer if I kept breastfeeding. It really varies but I’d 100% keep everything. It was motivation / a good benchmark for me so I didn’t have to use the scale up gauge my progress.

@nomoresmiles No! I plan on going back to my older self whatever it takes honestly. Maternity clothing wise, I’ve purchased 4 bodysuits for the summer that are sooo comfortable. I refuse to buy anymore maternity clothing. Otherwise, I still fit into my normal size minus bra and jeans because obviously I have a belly and my boobs are bigger but not soo big that my pre-pregnancy size is differ. I’m just upset right now because I miss my old self.

@brent_test They are from poshdiva. I think they were recommended by this subreddit. Very very comfortable and can be paired with an oversized linen shirt and flip flops or something else. I feel like they’ll be perfect for summer.

Back