What happens if I never sleep train my baby?

@opinionsareopinions We never sleep trained. Coslept, bedshared, nursed to sleep, all the things they say you shouldn't do. My kid announced at 2.5years that she wanted to sleep in her bedroom because it was beautiful just like her.

She is 5yo now, and still likes to snuggle and sometimes nurse to sleep, but she's happy to do that in whatever location is convenient. And she's mad if she wakes up NOT in her own bedroom!

Babies don't need 'training' to sleep any more than they need training to walk - they need support and encouragement with no judgement or stress.

@nelswin Yep! She had nearly self-weaned at 4.5yo but I got pregnant and had very bad hyperemesis gravidarum, and she really leaned on nursing for connection and reassurance when I couldn't do anything but lie down and barf/through the postpartum period when obviously a lot of my attention was on the baby.

Her baby brother is 11weeks old now, and she's starting to lose interest again. She has probably only nursed once or twice in the last week.