So am I just never going to wear a “normal bra” again until I’m done?

@cuteness20 Once you breastfeed less often and only at home, you can wear real bras again. I am still breastfeeding at 16 months but switched back to to real bras (at least outside the house, at home I stay comfy) at maybe 9 months ish. I still wear button front pajamas so I can do the 7 am feed comfy in bed. And by the time we do the bedtime feed I’ve taken off my bra anyway

@cuteness20 I had no issue with wearing an appropriately sized underwire.

You can get nursing bras which are as you describe, underwire and soft cup. I have a Hotmilk Temptation which is one of my favourites and reminds me of the bras I wore pre-baby.

@cuteness20 First stop, /r/abrathatfits

Then there are plenty of nursing bras out there that you could try that are nicer.

I wore a Hot Milk Temptation for two years and it was a damn good bra, for the record I'm a UK 28J so I'm sure you'd have even more options.

Underwires are fine as long as the wires aren't sitting on top of breast tissue

@cuteness20 I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I have loved these ones. No clips, and so much easier than any other nursing bras tbh: https://www.target.com/p/women-39-s...eep-bra-auden-8482-white-mauve-m/-/A-81408739

I’ve been eyeing this one but haven’t bought it: https://thelittlemilkbar.com/products/the-allie-bra

And I generally like the Larken bra, especially for pumping: https://shoplarken.com/products/the-larken-x

ETA: you can also check out Momanda bras. I bought 2 and very cute and stylish but not very comfortable for full day wearing in my experience.

@katvan1969 I absolutely love those target bras and wish I found them sooner before so many other failed Amazon purchases.

I also bought the Larken bra but it’s not nearly as nice. The material really holds onto body odor so if I even walk outside without sweating I’ll smell like body odor the rest of the day. It’s like that old smell some athletic clothes accumulate even after washing. Plus there’s very little support in the boobs, it just smushes them down wherever they are imo

@cuteness20 Underwires are only a problem if they don't fit correctly. And honestly, if you're not prone to clogs, you can probably wear underwires and still not get one.

The Elomi Molly is a good bra, but they don't make it in your size. I would recommend trying either Panache Eleanor or Freya Pure. They're foam/molded cups, but they're not padded, and they're definitely more flattering than what you've been wearing.

@cuteness20 I had no problem with underwires once I measured myself properly and got a better quality bra. If it sits properly then it doesn't press in the wrong places and cause issues.

@cuteness20 I wear old saggy nursing bras at home. My daughter is 2 and rarely needs to nurse when we're out these days so I can wear regular bras when I leave the house and when I go into the office for work.

I've lost quite a bit of weight due to other health issues and didn't want to invest in expensive bras or more decent nursing ones so I bought some basic ones a bit like your preference but with a little padding. I can nurse in them if I have to but I usually change into the old ones when I get home.

@cuteness20 I wear breastfeeding sleep bras. They fit well, are functional and I like the shape it gives me. It's low cut so it's easy to pop a boob out but I don't fall out when leaning over.

@cuteness20 Momanda is a site that has some actual nice looking nursing bras! With my first I had such awful ones and this time I have tried to buy a few that actually make me feel good to wear. Definitely comes from China but so do a lot of things we buy lol