Really p****d off

@qu30 My wife said,

"If you cant be there, I'm not having this baby at the hospital. They're not coming out if you're not there."

So, whatever that means. The thought of a not hospital birth scares me a bit, I just need her to be safe during it all. She and our little bean are my top priorities.

@klum787 Wow. Very good for her for saying that.
But I'd highly doubt that anybody would be able to have a baby anywhere but other than a hospital at the moment.
I think I would really appreciate her saying that, but if I can't go in, then (as heart wrenching as it would be) I will just have to miss it.

@qu30 I'm in the same boat, I'd rather her be in there and be safe. Good luck with everything dude. This whole sub is here for ya. :)

@qu30 I hear you . My wife is giving birth in 3 days the last 3 appointments I was not able to be there as I had to wait in the car . Now we are going in for a cesarean on thursday and there is a good chance I wont be able to be there inside due to a outbreak at the hospital 2 days ago. As long as everyone stays safe I guess that's the dice we are filled sometimes.

@jbwatson30 Aw man. I really feel for you.
Really, good luck to you.

I'm sure it'll all be water inner the bridge the moment we see them and they melt our hearts

@sonnabendasw My god I hope so. I believe we only have one scan left. June 20. I'm nervous because it's not THAT far off... When considering the UK's stance on covid

@qu30 dude i feel you. i the same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago and i was ridiculed on this sub for being selfish for wanting to be in the hospital with my wife.

@katiemate I know, right. I'm surprised how many downvotes I got for this.
It's not like we are going to get arsey because of the rules, but it's absolutely heartbreaking not being able to witness this amazing milestone. Especially on your first child.

@katiemate If I recall, you were downvoted because you called it a "silly cold" and wanted to "go on a rampage." I don't recall exactly what you said, since you deleted it, but I think you mostly got sympathy from the responses, along with some polite reminder of the potential risks to the hospital workers.