Pregnancy pillows are overrated

@hoop Honestly, I never got a pregnancy pillow but someone got me a nursing pillow from my registry and it's the perfect size. Started sleeping with it towards end of pregnancy and still using it 4 months PP. Never used it as a nursing pillow as it actually wasn't helpful, but is super comfortable to sleep with at night.

@hoop 10 weeks postpartum and still using my pregnancy pillow, but primarily as a nursing pillow with a built-in back rest or as a butt donut with a back rest, depending on what hurts worse-- my nether regions or my postpartum thumb tendonitis. 🙃

@hoop It's important to get one that is filled with beans. Mine was super stiff and it held shape. Kept me from rolling on my back all the time.

@hoop I was so excited when I got mine. I. Hate. It. It belongs to my dogs now. It was so hard and uncomfortable. I could not get comfortable with it, no matter how hard I tried.

@hoop Hear me out...

Using the pregnancy pillow as intended never worked for me BUT creating a wall of stacked pillows to support me sleeping sitting up with another pillow under a buttcheek has been a godsend. I've been able to finally sleep most of the night through (outside of the time I get up to pee).

@hoop My girlfriend gifted me a pharmadoc which I almost immediately started hating; it seemed really flat and it pilled immediately upon opening - I just never felt comfortable in it.

I took a chance and bought the Queen Rose when it was on sale (like $30) and my god what a difference. Much firmer, with more padding, and so so so so so soft. It helped me stay sideways better because it was thicker and heavier.

Another trick is to flip the pillow, so the area that most people use for their head is actually in between your feet. Just use your fav pillow as a pillow. This also helps.

However, you are correct - it's not a miracle cure, but I sleep MUCH MUCH MUCH better with it than withoutnitm

@hoop I'm sorry a pregnancy pillow hasn't been any help to you.
I love my pregnancy pillow especially because my back feels curved like a shrimp and hurts, and my pillow helps me with that, it curves all over my body. I don't use it that often though however because my husband HATES it, it takes up half the bed and he can't cuddle me when I use it lol

@hoop Does the pregnancy pillow help keep you from sleeping on your back? I just ordered one, but it hasn’t arrived yet. I’m only 20 weeks, and not having trouble sleeping yet. But I often sleep flat on my back, which my nurse told me to stop doing, because the weight of my uterus can restrict blood flow. I’m hoping that the pillow keeps me on my side. I am a very heavy sleeper and can’t control what position I end up in.

@hoop We named ours “Steve the slug”. Five months pp and I’ve downgraded back to a regular extra pillow but man did I need the bed slug for a few weeks post C-section!

@hoop I was surprised when I first used one that it wasn’t magical. Maybe I’m not wide enough yet to benefit from it? But I found it harder to sleep with the pillow rather that my normal pillow

@hoop I loved my pillow. My dog loved it even more. He’s always lounge with it, and he’d even wedge himself between me and the pillow when I was using it.

@hoop I love mine! But I don't sleep with it. I use it every day for resting my back and for naps, but at night I just don't want to feel that I am taking even more space in bed haha

@hoop I have a square pillow (I highly recommend if you’re a side sleeper outside of pregnancy) and that is not compatible with the wrap around pregnancy pillow I got so I have never liked mine either. I ended up using regular pillows for my belly and in between my legs.

Back