Guys my mother is possibly the worst person in my life

@kallankurup You’re right! Any time I mention something about myself, kids, husband, she always relates it back to something about herself. I just told her I found out I’m prediabetic after having gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and her reply was only about her health. It’s definitely not easy.

@higherawarenessjr Arrrggghhh I have second-hand rage for you 😂 I just had a baby and literally anything I say is met with a comparison to how it was for her (and of course… it was worse for her!)

I’ve found the easiest thing to do is just give very very little in conversation. It doesn’t make it easy, but at least a little less unpleasant.

@abelthecomp This sounds just like my mother. She called and asked my daughters 10 & 12 if they’d like to spend the night at her house. They already made plans together for the evening and politely declined, so I get a call asking why they don’t love my parents anymore. Grief woman, it’s one night. The dramatics kill me.

@abelthecomp I feel this. When I was struggling through a high risk pregnancy with my first (and it was the height of covid) my mother called me to scream at me that j was going to kill her and give her a heart attack because j wasn't "keeping up to date enough" on how "her" baby was doing. And no she wasn't taking about me.

@bef The thing is she knows already that he’s sick. The post she’s referring to is my post about my baby being sick. 😒 like she is mad because I didn’t like her “I’ll pray for him” post. 😒😒

@abelthecomp This sounds like my mom. Let me guess she’s in her late 60s? They are obsessed with Facebook. Also hate when you give more attention to baby then getting back to their texts so they think there’s a problem with your relationship. They are all about themselves while blaming it on you.

@abelthecomp My mother is like this. She belittles me and blows everyday events into an attack I've made on her, involving her sister and nephews.
She wonders why me and the kids haven't seen or spoken her in over a year.

Back