Gender Reveal

@randypnw different for everyone. but i didnt see any good reason to wait, we found out at the NIPT. no gender reveal as that seems so dumb and i cringe 95% of the time.

@randypnw We waited. I would have preferred to know at the time, but there was something magical about learning upon birth.

And I can say the sex of the baby didn't matter one bit to us personally, so I find making a big event out of it to be quite odd.

@randypnw We've decided on finding out via a reveal at our shower. But will have the test done at our NIPT test.

I felt like it was another moment for excitement and that we won't care after giving birth and I want the excitement of finding out.

@randypnw We found out through blood work/genetic testing. Weren't expecting to fimd out, but then the website for our results asked if we wanted to know. So we basically said eff it and looked and now we're having a boy

@randypnw For both my kids we waited until they were born. It was the best experience! I had to have c-sections and it was the most amazing thing to have my husband tell me what they were. It was a very special moment.

@randypnw We didn't find out for either, despite wanting to- they just weren't in a good position to get a clear shot.

For me the main thing is knowing what you're going to buy for them, but they're out of the newborn stuff so fast it doesn't matter.

@randypnw We waited until birth and it made an incredible experience even better. Highly recommend team green. Also don’t have to worry about accidentally blowing up family members or starting a forest fire.

@randypnw We found out through the blood test they took at 12 weeks. We thought about waiting or having a party, but once my wife got the email results, we just couldn't wait. I read them to her and then we video called our immediate families to have them guess and told them what it was. That's all we did, when we made our pregnancy announcement public on socials we just announced the gender for everyone else then.

@randypnw Thanks to an early genetic screening, we knew the gender at 10 weeks. They called with the results while we were driving in the car together, so we still got to hear at the same time! It was a sweet moment. We’re not really “gender reveal” people. We both said we couldn’t imagine waiting until the birth, I wanted to start to “get to know” him well before that

@randypnw We did PGT after IVF so we've known baby is a boy since week 5 - we could have known even earlier but we wanted to wait until we knew that baby was growing and healthy.

Since the 12 week scan we've been sharing the sex with family /friends.

Knowing has really helped. Plus we can cut down the name debate by 50%

Back