Do you tell your pediatrician you’re bedsharing ?

@person47 I do. I follow Dr. McKenna’s guidelines for safe sleep aggressively. I give a come at me bro vibe lol so he doesn’t. I can’t tell he doesn’t like it but he doesn’t come right out and say that.

@person47 I lie. I know exactly what they’d say, so nope.
We see two different ones in the office and id maybe consider telling the younger one we usually see but don’t see a point. They always reiterate the ABCs of sleep in a scripted sounding way so I just already know to just nod and smile.

@person47 3 kids. I lie by omission. They say “where is baby sleeping?” And I say, “we have a 3 sided cosleeper next to our bed.” Did I say she slept there? No lol. But we have it.

I’ve worked with pediatricians and in an ER. I know how wacky they can be about these things. So I just don’t even bother. I also know their education on safe sleep is poor.

@person47 My previous pediatrician no because she seemed judgmental. I just told her that he was put to sleep on his back, which was true, and that we didn’t believe in cry it out, and didn’t want sleep advice. My new pediatrician asked about sleep and since he was older I said no to his own crib and she just said “oh you bedshare okay” but I’m in a much more liberal area now

@person47 I told my pediatrician that we were generally bed sharing and she didn't get shamey or anything, she basically just said we should really try to move her out before 9 months because that's when she'll start getting difficult to transition. This last month we've been using the pack and play in our room as a crib and it's working like 80% of nights!

@person47 We cosleep, it is a life changer. Obviously natural to be with the baby and what cultures did for literal centuries and millennia before modern bassinets. We do lie to the pediatrician because they will lecture us and who needs the headache. If they aren’t willing to trust us as parents then screw em in that regard. Plus neither of us smoke or drink so it is especially safe because we are aware.

@person47 I told her. I don’t like to lie. I was lectured a tiny bit about the dangers before she told me that ultimately it’s my choice. She asks about sleep at every appointment but doesn’t lecture, just documents.

@person47 Yeah we told her the truth. She also knows this is our 3rd baby and always says “blah blah but I know you know that already” lol. So when I told her she was like “I’m supposed to tell you that the whatever organization says it’s not safe but I know you know what you’re doing, and it’s very normal in most other countries to cosleep so personally I say go for it” and moves on lol.