Will my breasts really shrink after breastfeeding?

@con4christ88 Mine didn't grow as much as yours, but they grew 1 or 2 sizes and now they are 1 size smaller than my original size. I breastfed and pumped in the beginning, then exclusively pumped after a bit.

@con4christ88 I hate you referred to them as “mommy milkers” lol!

Kinda just depends what they looked like before, if it’ll be as jarring for you. I had “saggy” boobs naturally, sitting at DD pre pregnancy, went up a couples sizes and am still DDD now, I don’t really see much of a change, because I never had “amazing” boobs anyways lol. If you had perky, non sagging boobs prior, they’ll probably look a lot different to you once you stop breastfeeding

@alex594 Mommy milkers is my go to when my bar patrons make dirty jokes because old boomer men get horrified when you don’t get bashful at their sexual advances and terrify them with some internet lingo instead lol

@con4christ88 I stopped breastfeeding MONTHS ago and about 3 weeks ago, I noticed that my boobs are now tiny. None of my bras fit me anymore. I remeasured myself and went online to order new bras from Aerie and discovered they do not sell a size small enough for me. So in my experience, the answer to your question is yes.

@holytrix It's great that mine were already saggy😅 I weaned a month ago and they even got smaller than they were before pregnancy and are a bit more saggy than before. But hey, the nipples are still looking up and that's all that matters:))

@con4christ88 yes, they will go back to your original size. sagging is more unpredictable.

i breastfed for 15 months. after i stopped, they looked pretty deflated. but within 6 months they were back to looking how they looked pre pregnancy. i got a lot of elasticity back. i went C - DD - C.

@red5 i didn’t do anything after weaning. didn’t gain or lose weight. didn’t go to the gym (although i’ve always been a daily walker). by my kid’s 2nd birthday i noticed my body was mostly back to its original state, except i now i had a huge c section scar lol

@jebaben yupp, even if they don’t the difference isn’t as drastic as when you first start or stop breastfeeding. at first, they’re engorged while you establish supply. then they level out as you continue breastfeeding. when you stop, they’re super deflated at first but again level out. it takes time.

Back