Will my breasts really shrink after breastfeeding?

@con4christ88 Mine went back to pre-pregnancy size and shape. Yours very well might. Not everyone has totally different boobs after pregnancy - often it’s the extra weight women are still carrying that causes them to have larger breasts.

My son is 9.5 months old now, for reference.

@spazmoidfry Mine went back to basically the same too. But I was still young and perky when I had my first. I’m pregnant again now and loving the pregnancy boobs, but not optimistic about how they will look after this time around.

@con4christ88 I have just finished a long weaning process so just curious to see how these will look eventually. I was 34C before pregnancy and can now finally fit into bras from then. Will they go down some more? Lets see :)

@con4christ88 Mine went back to pre pregnancy pretty much, although maybe slightly more uneven and a few cms lower (I went from a full C or small D to a DD). My sister on the other hand retained her H cups……she started off as a C prebaby.

@con4christ88 Mine already got smaller around the time baby started eating some solids, but they definitely don't look like they did pre-pregnancy.

@con4christ88 They will. Mine are back to pre pregnancy size, though they do still get engorged sometimes. My nipples are bigger and a bit darker, but not much, when I’m cold they look like they always did. They do hang a bit lower but it’s hardly noticeable, I wear comfy bras that give me extra support around the back for the pain and just to give some shape and lift. as your milk becomes established your boobs will feel a lot softer overall, mine are sensitive a lot of motion do to the loss of fitness. Like a quick jog will definitely leave me sore without a good bra

@con4christ88 I have now breastfed 2 babies and it’s been 2 years since my last birth. My boobs are like one size smaller than they were pre-pregnancy, and they were already pretty small 😂 I’m just happy they aren’t saggy!

@con4christ88 Almost 12 months PP I’m wondering the same thing

Mine did come down slightly (2cup sizes I would say?) but I’m guessing they’ll go down even more with exercising/weight loss…which is whenever I start doing that

@con4christ88 Mine were small and kind of deflated beforehand after a big weight loss in my early 20s. I’d say they’re a little sadder after feeding (I breastfed/pumped for 6 months not sure if duration affects things) but they’re not that much different to before. As someone else said it depends what your breasts were like pre preg.

@con4christ88 I don't have a long-term outlook because I got pregnant again while still breastfeeding, but things did improve before that happened. Pre-pregnancy 28F/30E, immediately postpartum 34HH, one year postpartum 30J.

@con4christ88 I went from a 34B to a DD during my pregnancy and breastfeeding journey. I weaned the second my son turned one. Now at 13 months postpartum my boobs ALMOST look exactly like they did before- they are just softer and a little saggier, but I fit in all my old bras and tops the same as before. I notice the difference and so does my husband but I don’t think it looks that different to others

@con4christ88 I had my baby well over a year ago and I was 115 pre baby, also got up to 180 at the end of term. I’m currently 148 lbs (working on losing the weight) and my boobs are so gross. I hate them. I miss my cute small chest that I had pre baby. Now when I’m running or jumping without a bra, they literally slap down against my skin underneath like a booty clap and it makes me wanna vomit a little.

@con4christ88 I'm not completely weaned, boob barnacle is 2.3 years. I started out as 36g. I was a 36-38d most of my life and probably was a g or maybe h longer than I thought. I wear a 38gg or 38j bra now and I am not rechecking till the weaning completes.

I've always been bottom full/heavy, top tear droopy, east west and wide set. Torpedo tits that hang relaxed and never were perky unless it was snowing 😂

For me bras have to be a specific shape. Anita makes the best nursing bra imo for my needs.

Changes now? I still have large drooping torpedo tits, but my flat nipples are finally normal nipples that poke out. I have deflated slightly into being able to wear some tops again.

I really really want to go down more but I suspect it won't be much. At least I always had saggy breasts so I can just live on hoisting them into boob bags as usual.

@con4christ88 I was in the same boat, D to K. They shrunk a little bit but not by more than maybe 2 cup sizes. Sorry :( I find that doing lots of back exercises, like deadlifts and rows, helps with the back pain. As for clothes, finding a good tailor will make all the difference. Once you get used to shopping for your new shape you may actually find that some clothes fit really beautifully. I've fallen in love with high waisted crop tops + a high waisted pair of pants.

For bras, I haven't been able to find a "common" brand that carries those sizes, but there are really nice ones at specialized lingerie shops. If you're looking for a good sports bra, I found a great one from UA, and actually pretty cute ones from Halara (although the company itself isn't great). Personally I love the ultrasoft nursing bras that are out there and will probably never go back, and ones from specialty stores typically go just up to J/K.

@ratmir Cake Maternity has really good bras for "regular" sizes and up to K. I was a G before pregnancy, and now I'm an I. I honestly will probably keep buying their bras even when I'm not nursing.