Will my breasts really shrink after breastfeeding?

@kaccy I call mine "empty ballsacks" because I hardly have any breast tissue left. I was a crazy oversupplier with huge growth. I can't wait to get a tasteful boob job in 10 years

@kaccy Ymmv, but mine went through a similar (maybe even slightly more extreme!) inflation/deflation cycle. I weaned about a year ago now, and Id say in the last 6 months especially Ive gotten a lot of my perkiness and fullness back as my skin has tightened back up a little.

Im also in my mid 30s, so youth isnt really on my side with the sag effect. Im pleasantly surprised that they dont seem nearly as flappy and droopy as they did at the end of last summer.

@con4christ88 Everyone’s breasts respond differently after you stop breastfeeding, but the most common result is that they will be a little smaller/deflated & they absolutely will not look the same. Just remember to be kind to yourself & to them - they’ve done an amazing thing & they’re still beautiful, life-giving things even if they change a little 💜

@sehogg Thank you for this reminder. I’ve been having a hard week with my body. I’ve gained so much weight, I have no time to do anything because I’m always rushing, nothing fits me anymore and if it does it doesn’t look the same.

@pureinchrist The "nothing fits" is so stressful. I pretty aggressively weeded through my clooset and boxed up anything that didn't fit right. I basically just have a capsule wardrobe now but I feel so much better when any clothes I grab fit right.

@pureinchrist That is exactly what I’m struggling with. I gained a total of 80lbs while I was pregnant 😭 lost 30 in the first couple of weeks and now my body is settling in with the last 50lbs. Finding clothes that fit my new body has me in tears pretty much every day. I’ve been living in bike shorts and 3x t shirts. The only other thing I can wear are these baggy cloth overalls a friend gave me while I was pregnant. I just ordered a second pair on Amazon and will probably just alternate between these two outfits for the foreseeable future. Still haven’t found a bra that fits well but I think that would be a game changer. You are not alone! ❤️

@con4christ88 Thank you, I think once I stop pumping I’ll feel a little more in my body so to speak. Right now I want to focus on eating better and going on more walks, it’s really all I have the time to do 😩

@con4christ88 Mine didn’t get smaller but the shape totally changed and they sag now. I started as a 32F and went to a 32K. When I weaned I ended up with 32H. I like my large breasts but I don’t like the sagging so I’m getting a lift and augmentation when I’m done breast feeding my last baby.

@andy123 Mine were a 32G and went to a 32N just post partum. I didn't last long breastfeeding... Now a saggy 32J.

Some new good bras really help! Thank you Elomi Matilda, but sometimes I don't want to wear a bra and I still want to feel good

Also thinking about a breast reduction post last baby. Could probably fit the surgery in while still on Mat leave. Will need some planning and some saving!!

@andy123 Mine didn't even sag from breastfeeding, but sagged from being pregnant. I did not gain any weight during pregnancy (I came out lighter first week post partum than i was before pregnancy). During the 7th month of pregnancy, my boobs just sagged down a full 10 cm (4 inch) from one day to the next. Just BAM and they are down, basically overnight.

@con4christ88 I'm not trying to be too graphic but I can fold mine now because they sag so much💀 Nah but in all honesty, I had average to slightly saggy boobs before pregnancy, then the first few weeks they were INSANELY BIG and now, after 1,5 years of BF, they're definitely smaller than before. So yeah, it was true for me