Will my breasts really shrink after breastfeeding?

@con4christ88 They go back down to at least as small as they were before, if not smaller. They will also be quite deflated😕. But since it’s your first, it might not be that bad. At age 22 I had my first, and my breasts weren’t too bad afterward. I only breastfed that kid for two months though. My second baby I had at 30, and nursed her for three years like a psycho (don’t recommend— I was completely unfree during those years. Did it because she’d only fall asleep nursing.) My breasts became a little pitiful after that.

I currently am also 6 weeks postpartum with my third, whom I have had at age 40. She actually doesn’t fall asleep nursing— she’s able to do if drowsy but awake, which amazes me— so I’ll likely nurse her for one year. I’m afraid of what I’ll look like after that! They’ll probably be two utterly deflated balloons. 😔

@con4christ88 I have barely-there boobs, and was similarly absolutely boggled at how big they got while lactating. Now they’re back to being barely-there, which makes me feel better. They actually did shrink in my case instead of just deflating as other commenters have experienced. I sincerely prefer being mostly flat-chested and the absolute gazongas I had screwed with my self image

@con4christ88 I was a B pre-pregnancy. Went to a C cup during pregnancy, now i'm almost done breastfeeding and they are still a c, but a saggy C.

Pre-pregnancy breasts are what I miss by far. Cause I can work out, eat healthy, be toned in the tummy and thigh region but I need plastic surgery to achieve pre pregnancy breasts. Which i probably will never do

@con4christ88 I did get lucky in that my boobs went back to somewhat the state they were before my first baby but not till after I stopped breastfeeding my second. After I stopped breastfeeding my first they stayed bigger than before.. like 32D. Now they’re back to 32C again. If they’re slightly deflated, it’s not noticeable and basically look how they did before.

@con4christ88 My boobs went back to their regular size but gave me a nicer cleavage. I already have a very large chest. 32F/G and went up to 36H/I when I’m pregnant and nursing but they went back to normal. Don’t look any different except better cleavage which I’m not mad about.

@con4christ88 Mine went back to the same cup size (B) kinda, but have never looked perky or supple since. To add a modicum of optimism, they’ve gotten a little nicer looking since starting weight training a few months ago!

@con4christ88 I went from a 32C to a 36E. They shrunk a bit from the immediate postpartum phase until I stopped nursing, and then went right back to their original size once I stopped nursing and was able to lose the baby weight. They ended up looking pretty much the same as they did pre-baby, it just took a while.

@con4christ88 I’m the same age and had the same start weight and weight gain during pregnancy. I was entirely flat chested before pregnancy, and became a 36DD immediately after birth. My baby just turned nine months old and is still EBF! I’ve gone down to a 34B now, but I’ve also lost all but 10 pounds of my baby weight gain. The weight (and the boobs) hung on for dear life the first few months, but once she turned six months old things started changing more rapidly. My nipples look crazy, skin is loose everywhere, but I’m starting to feel good again! Strong! It’s definitely a different body than I had before - but I’m coming to love it all the same! ❤️

@con4christ88 Mine are bigger than pre pregnancy but smaller (and hang slightly lower) than when I was nursing. I was preparing for the worst based on stories I’d heard but they still look great to me. I’ve also lost about 25lbs since weaning so that could be part of it.

@con4christ88 Started off perky 34B and 135-140 lbs, moved to 36DDD and 172 lbs, and now 5 months pp with veeeeeerrrrrryyyyy little milk left (never fully came in or dried out rofl—formula for the win), I’ve leveled out to soft 36D and 153ish lbs. I’m totally fine with this.

So yeah they’re gonna shrink. Some people end up smaller than before, some bigger, but don’t worry too much about it just yet.

@con4christ88 Same. I am in my mid 30’s and was still perky before baby (I developed later than most people which I think is why) and after baby … lets just say if I go braless and run down the stairs my boobs give me a round of applause.

To answer your question- they will significantly decrease in size as you lose weight and finish breastfeeding. As for going braless - those days are over, my friend.

@con4christ88 I had nice tiny little perky a cups that I miss dearly. No need for a bra ever. Now I can hold grocery bags with these suckers. Once I am done breast feeding baby number two, I am getting a lift and some small implants. I HATE that I require a bra at all times, even when sleeping 🥲

@con4christ88 I weaned 3 months ago, and my boobs look very nearly like they did pre-pregnancy. I was worried about sagging but they only are a little bit saggier - not so much that anyone but me and MAYBE my husband will notice. And I'm not sure on my husband. I don't go braless though because I feel they do start to sag if I do, and as things are restructuring I want them to have support.

I've heard people say that the fat rebuilds over the next 2 or so years after weaning. So we'll see!

I had stretch marks that were there when I was breastfeeding but which disappeared when I weaned. I have no clue where they went but I can't see them anymore.

I also had growth similar to yours.

What happens to your body postpartum is just really variable. There's no one size fits all. You will just have to wait and see, and deal with any changes that have occurred. It's kind of wild how different people are in this - and I hear different pregnancies are also different!