What’s the dumbest thing anyone ever said to you as a twin parent?

@ladydaffodil Ha, I have a similar story to this one. I was at Costco with my twins when they were 8 months or so.

Person: “wow, are they twins?”
Me: “yep!”
Person: “are they the same age?
Me: . . .

@nathann Hands down:

Checking out at a Walmart on a road trip, buying the giganto-pack of diapers, the cashier asks "how far apart are they?"

"16 minutes."

"Oh man, so close. They were almost twins!"

@nathann “How did you do that” as in, how did we conceive them. I asked if they missed 8th grade health class. My husband and I have come up with some very descriptive answers to that question 😂

@nathann I get this maybe once a week.

"Are they twins"

"Yes"

"But that one is bigger"

Yes, he is a little bigger compared to his brother but they are two different babies. Like were your children all the same exact size at the exact age??

@nathann
  1. Setting: nephew’s birthday party
    SIL’s friend said to my husband : “you gave it to her good!”
Umm… that’s not how that works.
  1. Setting: husband playing videos games
    Random gamer told him before we knew their gender that my husband is fulfilling someone’s fantasy.
EW!
  1. Setting: at work
Colleague asked what position did we do to conceive twins. I told her the starfish.

@nathann Karen: Are they natural? How were they conceived ?

Me: Doggysytle

WTF, who asks this? Unfortunately, this was question was asked so many times I started answering like above.

I’m the father, and have no patience for peoples bullshit. My boys are 6 now, dumb questions are few and far between now.

@nathann
  1. "Were you trying to have twins?"
  2. "That was lucky that they had to stay in the NICU and you could recover from your C-section without having to take care of babies" about my babies born at 30 weeks from PPROM.
I have gotten variations of #2 more than once.

@tryeakle Cuz you’re not going to the hospital every day all day. Or swapping in shifts with your spouse or family. We had one in the NICU for 4 days and the other 18 days. That was weird too. You’re thinking you’ve prepared to have two babies at home. Now you have none. Then one. Then two. And you’re exhausted.