What’s the dumbest thing anyone ever said to you as a twin parent?

@katrina2017 NO - this was a freaking woman. That’s what made it even more appalling. The Judge was also a woman. The guy who went in my place was a male and there were two male attorneys there also representing other interested parties. The Judge and basically all the attorneys (all the men) pushed back and were like, whoa, whoa, that is not where we think she is (they were all on the record 🤣). Those men have wives and babies, so at least they weren’t that stupid. Just this one dumb broad.

@nathann “Are you sure they’re identical??”

No, Linda, I’m not sure. 35 weeks of being carefully monitored and treated for conditions only present in monochorionic twin pregnancies, but can we ever really be sure??

@candyjayde We’d get asked that all the time because they had different head shapes and were slightly different in size.
- Yes, my wife had TTTS. Only an identical problem.
- You sure?!?!
- Yes.

I wanted to shout her heads flatter because she was first. The battering ram! 😂

@nathann Nurse at the NICU.... Thankfully not one caring for our twins asks if they are identical. Well other than one has a penis and the other does not, maybe?

@nathann When I tell people we did IVF (I have b/g twins)

“Oh so did you know you might have twins?” Or “Did you transfer one or two embryos?”

Yes, we transferred one embryo and it split into one boy and one girl 🙄.

@levopoly Hahahah I get the same stupid thing in reverse! I tell people I have identical twins then they ask if they're "..two boys or a boy and a girl..."

Like, I got no time for that kinda dumb, sweetheart 🤣

@nathann I got the same thing

“Which one’s older?”
“Baby A”
“Oh, really because the other ones bigger”
… yeah, like that 4 minutes is going to make a difference!
Plus they’re about the same weight, but baby B is shorter so he looks chunkier.

@nathann Someone I had just met said “oh you have twins - boys or girls?” When I said one of each he said “really? I didn’t know that was a thing”. This was a grown man in his 40’s.

@nathann "They look so alike!" After I tell them they are twins.

It is so awkward when people say that, because the kids dont even look like siblings let alone twins. They are quite mixed race, and they look different races. I sht you not, one looks Chinese with the Asian eyes and light skin, one looks Indian with big round eyes and is obviously brown. One is short and chubby, the other is tall and lean. Their facial features dont even look similar. Different noses, mouth, cheeks. If one didnt look a carbon copy of me and the other a replica of my husband, we would suspect they got mixed up in the hospital.

I never know how to reply to that one. I just stand there awkwardly going "Oh yeah? You think so? Huh.." Once it was a very old lady who said that and I chalked it up to she probably cant see. The second time was inexcusable though.

@nathann When my twins were newborns: “are they good babies?” I got this several times! Like what. I don’t even know what you’re actually asking here.

@nathann I’ve heard a lot of these, especially and identical question when they are very obviously a boy and girl. The weirdest thing my husband would say is guys (and it has been only men) nudging him and giving him the knowing “Good work, man!” Like he did something special to make it happen. He would just answer in a perfectly normal voice, “I had sex with my wife. Yay.”