What is the dumbest thing you’ve heard?

@schawinga When they were little, we got a lot of excited, "Both boys, one girl, one boy?" And then when we correct that they are girls, the follow up is always, "When are you trying for a boy?" Never. Never is when.

@schawinga Just yesterday I was on a business call and said that I had just gotten back from maternity leave from having twins. After some small, I mentioned I also have a 2 and 4 year old too and he responded with "are they twins too?"

@schawinga My little brother asked me how far apart the babies were born and I told him. Then he said "it's so cool we have the technology today to know exactly when they were born."

Eyes and a clock??

@schawinga I love when I get "oh cute, are they twins?"

My go to responses are either:

"No, we just got pregnant twice in the same day"

Or

"WHAT?! THERE ARE TWO NOW? WHERE DID THAT ONE COME FROM?!"

@schawinga At the grocery store someone asked if my girls are identical and I said yes, and they responded with "is that good or bad" didn't really know how to respond. And of course he went on to tell me about every set of twins he knows about.

@schawinga People keep asking if we knew it was twins. I’m confused how to answer this each time. Like, did we ask the Drs to keep it a secret if we were having 1 or 2 till the delivery day? I’m assuming they mean, did we do IVF and try to have twins? Or maybe they are asking if we have twins in the family and we knew it was a possibility? 🤷🏻‍♀️