What’s for Christmas, y’all?

@pnao Honestly, I have no idea. We have a lot of toys, and not a lot of room for the larger ones. Many of the toys listed, we already have. We don't do a huge Christmas either, just 3 gifts each. I'm probably going second hand shopping and getting some items, because I know whatever it is, they will love it and appreciate it.

@pnao Our big present is a crazy dinosaur hot wheels track. Then he’ll probably get some slippers, some dinosaurs, and a few puzzles. Maybe some introductory games.

@pnao I have a 3.5yo and 21mo. RUN and get them a play kitchen. We got one for our 3.5yo when she was 18mo and it’s still the #1 toy that they BOTH play with.

Also highly suggest any of the food toys from Melissa and Doug. My husband and I make a lot of tea and they both love the play tea stuff from Melissa and Doug.

@pnao My daughter is 15m now, we are getting her a play kitchen, a trike and a table and chairs for her playroom for play and crafts like she has at nursery

@pnao Mine got a very basic play kitchen when they were 1.5 y.o and they loved it. Even if they don't play cook they like the oven to hide things. Now they're almost two and finally getting to the play cook part. We got him a mix of real things we don't use anymore like spice jars, metallic cutlery and bowls and also those plastic veggies you can "cut" in half to complement the kitchen.

@pnao I got my daughter a play kitchen when she was about 18 months. Definitely not too advanced! Right now she loves to pretend to wash her hands/dishes in the sink and take the food out to pretend she’s feeding it to us or her stuffed animals. She also sometimes pretends she’s cooking stuff in the pots but not as often as the washing/feeding stuff. It’s definitely a toy they will grow with over time! Her friend who is 2.5 has come over and was REALLY playing with it, like putting stuff in the oven, microwave, “cooking” in the pots. I say go for it, it’s great to promote imaginative play and even if she doesn’t “get” everything about it right off the bat, she will figure out more ways to play with it over time. Keeps my daughter super occupied for long periods of time whether I am playing with her or she is doing independent play.

@pnao I got mine a real vacuum, Melissa and doug cleaning set and a mini gardening tool set. I'm putting mine to work all in the name of play.

@pnao I’m going to get them some items I know they love (hot wheels, play dough, books, markers, etc) but I’m also thinking about making them some felt foods. I used to do that just for fun years ago and I’ve got the materials. I think it’s something they might enjoy.

@pnao I highly recommend blocks. Either Mega\Duplo or wooden. My kids create all kinds of "play-sets" at 3&5 but loved building and knocking them over when they were younger too, so they get used for years.

@pnao I got my 3.5yo two hallmark teddybears who have magnets in their noses so they kiss! I had the same as a child and i LOVED them so much. I know she will too!

Also bandaids. So many peppa pig bandaids. Shes going to freak out 😂

@pnao Still trying to come up with ideas, but so far I am thinking about getting her a set of dress up hats, because she puts just about anything she can on her head as a hat.

Also some plastic dinosaurs like they have at the library. She loves them. And probably a my little pony. She fell in love with one of my old Breyer horses from a box of toys my mom brought me, but I’d like her to have something more age appropriate!

@pnao A swing set from us. One set of grandparents got her a bookcase that can also be used as a doll house and a kids rocking chair. Another set of grand parents got her a magnetic easel board for art and learning since she’s so into both

Last year at our daughter was 15 months at Christmas the big hits were a rock and rider point, an Indoor bounce house and a microphone

@pnao We got our son a play kitchen for his first birthday and he loves it!! Plays with it every day, definitely not too advanced. For Christmas we’re getting him shoes, a little people house, remote control car, and a toy farmhouse with animals!

@pnao Speaking from experience here, skip yoto, get Tonie. My toddler was cool and gentle with the cards until shortly after 2. The he managed to destroy them.

Also, linked below is one of the toys my son got at that age and played with until he lost every single piece a couple months ago. He turns 3 next month. So, lots of longevity.

The BEST toy

@pnao We have eight kids so everything we basically already have. It gets harder every year. We are nearly done though.

So far our toddler has books, dolls, her BAB, looots of bluey. Blankets and clothes.

We just got the kids a big play frame thing for the yard so we still don't know what to do about their big gifts. We were going to give them that as s joint present and do smaller "big" gifts but they got it at the end of Aug instead lol so fuck if I know.

Continuing on from that, 15mo definitely isn't too young for a play kitchen.

@pnao I want to get a play kitchen but we don't have a playroom and I don't want it in my dining room LOL. We got one of those kid chairs from pottery barn and already gave it to her as we'll be out of town for xmas. she's 18 months and LOVES it so far. also got a toddler tower stool thing and a small table and chairs for her. we have so many toys and i'm sure the grandparents will be getting toys so it doesn't make sense for us to.

Back