Christmas morn w/ an only?

@rosemeka13 Depends on the kid. My only is WILD on Christmas morning. Also I was not an only, and I had to be woken up every time. I was excited but like... oh man sleep.

@rosemeka13 I was an only child for 8 years and loved Christmas, to the point where my parents had to put a ban on me leaving my room till half seven! My sister is blasé about everything and had to be dragged out of bed.

@rosemeka13 I have a sibling (2 years younger than me) and I always had to be woken up on Christmas Day. I was the last one up and eventually my family would be ready to eat and couldn’t wait so they’d get me up to have breakfast and get everything going. I’ve just always been like this lol

@rosemeka13 I was an only and I loved Christmas so much! I might have been more low-key in expressing myself (I wasn’t a shouty kid) but I know my parents knew how much I loved it. They went all out on presents too, mum still does in fact and she’s pretty poor but gifts don’t have to be expensive to be good after all :)

My daughter is usually a pretty early riser naturally lol and she’s definitely loud so there’s no doubt when she’s having fun lol. Count yourself blessed if you have a calm one! ;)

@rosemeka13 A lot depends on the child, how good Christmas is for them (no offence intended, some kids care more about toys than others, I'm not saying you don't make her Christmas magical!), but also how old they are. My 5 year old was quite excited this Christmas but last Christmas she was very 'meh' about it. I think it's more to do with their memory, and if they can remember how Christmas was the last year.

@rosemeka13 I've always actually enjoyed the lead-up and excitement before a special day more than the actual day. Sometimes it's a downer once you actually get there. And there is a lot of pressure to love all the gifts in front of the grandparents and such.

My kid loves Xmas, and I'm a bit annoyed at how disregulated they get just looking forward to receiving and wanting everything under the sun. So I'm trying to make more magic around family traditions, family time in general, and selecting gifts for others.

@rosemeka13 I have observed that many only's get so much stuff in their daily lives that xmas is just another loot day.

I had to ask my husband to quit buying something EvEry single time he takes toddler to the store.

Back