"pUt YoUr BaBy DoWn GrOgGy BuT aWaKe"

@robert777 Omg and also the whole nursing or bouncing the baby to sleep is bad sleep Association. Oh fck that. If bub needs sleep, they need sleep. I'll take my chances and do what I need to get the pterodactyl to sleep. I swear they have an inner mechanism that KNOWS when your about to close your eyes for a nap, and they open their eyes.

@robert777 Definitely garbage advice for the first few months at minimum. It's just straight up impossible when they are that little. My son is 13 months old, and we started having success with it maybe around 4 months old or so, but there were still some tears. We basically stumbled into sleep training when we thought he went down fast asleep, so we sat down to dinner 30 seconds later, and his eyes popped open and he started crying. We were exhausted and starving and just decided to wolf down dinner before going back in, but he miraculously was asleep by the time we went in. The sleepy but awake thing is useful, but absolutely garbage in the early days, and it is so easy to get caught up in "forming good sleep habits" when you should just be in survival mode. That other stuff can come later, and you will not be ruining your chances at having a good sleeper later if you do all the nursing to sleep and rocking until they are limp while they are tiny

Back