I don’t want parenting advice from someone who doesn’t put their 2 year old in a car seat

@batman21 She is not a good friend. You are better off without her. Even if someone's parenting sounds weird or uncommon i will never criticise them i would simply take it as ' learning new things every day' i do not have to take every parenting advice given to me so why make someone feel bad. And please every kid is different every parent has different goals if what you read in the internet sounds good to you and your child loves it by all means knock yourself out. Please don't bother yourself with what she is saying.

@batman21 I'll echo the other BroMos saying she's not much of a friend. Mocking your parenting choices? Who does that besides toxic MILs? Let me guess, she's just "joking". Ugh. I mean, I get having discussions, but this chick sounds insecure as hell about her own choices.

Safety bubble? He's freaking 9 months!

@batman21 I absolutely hate the argument "I didn't/don't use carseats and I/my kids am/are fine". My response is always "how many car accidents have you been in?" Because most car safety features (seatbelts, air bags, car seats etc) are only really needed for if you get in an accident. You may have not gotten into one yet but they happen all the time and you can't predict when it will happen.

That aside, do you really want this judgemental person with questionable decision making to be your friend at all? Because she doesn't really sound like a friend worth having...

@batman21 What she is doing is actually illegal and if the two year old is caught in the car without a carseat she's looking at not only having her children taken away but possible jailtime for wreckless endangerment. I wont even go into detail about everything else that could happen while a 2 year old isn't in a car seat but I am sure you get the idea.

I'm so happy you didn't give into her peer pressure and I applaud you for that! I would cut ties with her. It's better to have no friends then toxic ones.

@batman21 I work in emergency and critical care.

Recently there was a car accident in which a grandpa went driving with his two year old grandchild and did not have the child in a car seat. They got into a moderate car accident.

Grandpa didn’t have a scratch.

Toddler was a level 1 trauma with horrific injuries and was pronounced dead within seconds of arriving to the pediatric emergency department. There was no saving her. There was no hope. Every single nurse, doctor, tech, and first responder involved wept and grieved that day.

Honestly... I wouldn’t even be friends with someone like that. I would respectfully end the friendship because I could not be friends with someone who knowingly and willingly puts their children at risk this way.

@batman21 I once went to Atlanta in the back of a pickup truck with my son next to me. Back when my kids were small, that's just how it was. People smoked inside, didn't use car seats past the infant stage, etc.

Now we know better.

I'm lackadaisical about a lot of things - both with my children and now with my grandchildren. Screen time, junk food, etc. Not about their safety. Now ever. Not even once, because once is all it takes.

We all know better now.

@batman21 I have a "friend" like that and honestly life is easier since not interacting with her. You seem to know what's best for your baby, and riding without a car seat is never it. Kids should be in a rear facing car seat till about 4, and then in a booster seat.

@batman21 What a straight up bitch. As a parent she should know better than to break down someone else's parenting style, and should know better than to compromise her child's safety. Cut that toxic tie she's only going to get worse.

@batman21 That's not very nice of your friend. It is very rude that she lectures you about it, you doesn't have to be on the same level about everything. Doesn't she know anyone how it was to be a first time mom? It seams to me that she doesn't have any respect for you and your way of parenting.

@batman21 Dude I get weirded out driving a friends kid who is 8 down the street without a booster.
My kids were in 5 point harnesses til they were like 4(I think my son was 6 when we got rid of them)
My sister lives in Idaho and it’s legal to take your kids out to breastfeed while driving, according to her. She lives with my mom who thinks doing that is brilliant. Ugh.

@batman21 I get uncomfortable seeing other people’s children that are already forward facing when they’re only a year old, so I’m 100% with you on this one. The idea of a two year old not even being in a car seat 😱😱😱

@batman21 You can put your kid in a safety bubble. It's called a car seat. What is the downside to a car seat? Does she think her kid won't be able to survive car crashes as an adult if she doesn't build up his immunity by needlessly endangering his life while he's a child? I'd tell her we could call CPS and ask them to settle this argument. If she ever gets in a car accident and her 2 year old is hurt or dies because he's just flopping around in the car, she's going to go to prison. She can argue about bottles with the women there.