my worst nightmare.. my toddler is in the hospital via ambulance

@alwayscurious That sounds terrifying! Good job, Mama! I had to take my 20m nanny kid to the hospital. It’s no joke! Once his health issues are solved, please take time to process and take care of yourself. Sending you lots of love.

@alwayscurious I am so incredibly sorry you had to experience this. It must have been so difficult and I can imagine you are likely reliving it over and over. You did everything right and trusted your gut. You knew something was wrong and got your nugget the help he needed. I know this stuff can be emotional and exhausting. It can also be easy as a parent to be hard on ourselves even when we do everything right. Please know that you did everything right and are a wonderful parent. Your son is so lucky to have you and whatever comes of this issue in terms of underlying conditions, he has you to help guide him through it. Parenthood is hard. Sometimes really hard. You are doing a great job :)

@alwayscurious We’ve just been through a scary diagnosis with our 3.5 year old. ALWAYS. Go. With. Your. Gut. We’ve got mom senses for a reason and you absolutely 100 percent did the right thing and thank goodness you did! It’s not easy watching your littles suffer with something as a mom you can’t fix. But getting him the care he needed as quickly as you did was the absolute best thing for him. You are an AMAZING mom! Props to you for advocating for him and knowing something wasn’t right.

@alwayscurious I have no experience or advice, but instead sending you a virtual hug from USA. You are a strong and good mom - sounds like you have a good team of medical personnel taking care of him. Good luck and many prayers.

@alwayscurious You did the right thing, you did it perfectly, and your little one is alive because you did it. We’re all proud of you!!!

Keep talking to the docs, keep a notebook of all the info / data / opinions / questions and answers. Keep asking questions and politely but clearly follow up on anything that doesn’t make sense or doesn’t get answered. Docs do their best, but they’re human. Get to know all the nurses - they love your baby too, and have a wealth of experience.

@alwayscurious You did not over react! You did the thing you needed to do. His blood sugar was that low, as someone who is diabetic, you needed to call an ambulance. They would not keep him if there was no reason to!!! Don't let ANYONE tell you that you over reacted!

@alwayscurious Sending hugs for your family.

Please take care of yourself. Now you are in the middle of the crisis and you will and can handle this.
I just want to warn you, you will probably have a breakdown later. And it might take you a long time to recover. Ask the hospital for some therapy options.
This helped me after my child was in hospital after ICU emergency.

Back