Kid is 7 and starting to stink

@onewithfaith This is out of left field but I recently learned that rubbing alcohol works on smelly pits.

Splash some on your palms and rub it in your pits. Air dry.

Kills the stinky bacteria, I presume. Once evaporated it doesn't leave much of a smell.

@kajaunab357 I don't think you're supposed to use rubbing alcohol frequently or on large areas of skin. I honestly might not be remembering that correctly. I use Scully's deodorant, which is grain alcohol based.

@onewithfaith In my opinion kids shouldn't be using deodorant.it simply shouldn't be necessary. Afaik kids sweat does not smell, so why does your kid smell?

Not judging, simply trying to find the root cause.

Is it the clothes that smell, and not the kid? Is it a case of poor hygiene after a visit to the bathroom?

I'd advise you to find the root cause and work with it, instead of getting such a young child to use deodorant.

@zachjon91 Wait, what? Kids can absolutely smell bad and get BO the same way that an adult can. Once they start moving and sweating on their own, they can start smelling funky.

@zachjon91 Messaged his primary to ask about it before I posted this to get some answers. Just thought I'd get some feedback while waiting because I didn't think kids were supposed to stink until a little closer to puberty.

@peppermintmochax We did not try it. His allergist got back to us and told us that unscented regular deoderant would be fine for him. Sometimes, this sub feels very "traditional" and I will skip commenting on some topics because it's just not worth it. I really did appreciate you taking the time to comment.

@onewithfaith I don’t have any suggestions cuz my kid is only 3 but it reminds me of when I was in like 3rd grade and was out of school for 3 weeks due to the track system, my mom hovered over me on the couch and gasps, “omg when was the last time you showered?” (Both my parents were full time and basically my sister was just tasked with keeping me alive)

“Idk, last time I went to school?”

I was going back to school the following Monday. 😂

Back