Would you send your kid to daycare tomorrow?

@lmd0137 My daughter runs hot. Like always around 99° baseline. I do too. If kiddo is acting themselves and has no other symptoms without medication, I say you’re good to go

@lmd0137 Yep. I’m an nurse and I wouldn’t be concerned with that, as long as she remains fever free for 24 hours. With pediatrics, temperament is a big part of the equation. If she’s bouncy and eating, and she’s not hitting 100.4, that’s a good sign.

@lmd0137 I would send. My daycare has a 24 hr rule after 100.4 or above. As long as she stays under that med free until the morning I don’t see why you shouldn’t send her. Fwiw my daughter was 99.7 at the literal hospital and they called it not a fever.

@lmd0137 I would keep her home until it's at a normal temperature. As a working mom and a preschool teacher, I have had to call many parents who bring in their child with low-grade fevers, and they spike a few hours later.

@lmd0137 I’d send her. And yes, I’d still give her some motrin. My eldest got frequent unexplained fevers as a baby/toddler, and, eventually, enough is enough. (He’s 7 and fine now. His dad was similar.)

@lmd0137 May be too late for this but tell hubby to suck it up and burn some vacation time too. You shouldn’t bear the brunt of this….Coming from a hubby….

@11224456 He has used vacation time. And has dug into his own FMLA leave for some chronic health issues he has. It’s just been a hard year and we are all tired. He’s doing his best and would love to be home. But we also need to keep his job and paycheck.

@lmd0137 Please remember that drowning in work is not part of the equation here. Your child's health and the guidance provided by the daycare provider are the things to consider.

I'm sorry you are under so much stress and hope brighter days are ahead.

@katrina2017 If I could get consistent naps, I definitely would. But ironically, she naps better when she doesn’t feel well. So Monday, I got a great nap out of her. Yesterday and today….nothing because she is feeling better. Today she is singing and dancing and bouncing all over so I think we are on the way up.

@lmd0137 I'm probably going to be downvoted here, but our daycare (not in US, though) wouldn't admit a child even with 98.5 and would force you to take at least 3 day recovery period at home if they found out.

That being said, we have been working with kids home /using care days for about 40% of time for the last two years. We also pay peanuts for daycare compared to the US.

@mrshw I'm sorry, the converter from celsius says 37.0 is 98.6, which is still considered as 'increased' here. Normal one would be 36.6 celsius (97.9 F).

@lmd0137 Give her something for the fever in the morning and then send her. Technically you shouldn’t do this however losing your job is a much bigger problem. (I say this as a mom who’s kid caught everything when she was in daycare. It sucks but that’s the US.)