Going through it

@katrina2017 Yes! Showing up is so important. It’s hard to when no one is pouring into your cup also. There really needs to be a community for moms because I can see how much we all struggle with the same things

@cm0308 My abusive baby daddy literally rode off into the sunset with another single mom named Sunshine. He talks about how the boys will have a new sister soon (he doesn’t pay us child support). Sunshine, if you’re here, they should’ve named you Mudslide 💩

@cm0308 Make sure you're getting as much child support as possible. Have an open case, if the office isn't enforcing it, call them monthly. The squeaky wheel gets turned with that department.
There's no shame in public assistance including food banks. Take all the help you can get .

A lot of churches, especially larger ones will help out single families or low income people.

There's nothing wrong with having more than four children or a blended family but until you can catch your breath, I would get on some very sure fire birth control of you're doing any dating at all.

That my ex is out there living the good life without responsibility also drives me up the wall. I only have the bare minimum contact with him. Only about the children and only when absolutely necessary. I do not follow him or mutuals on social media. When family would try to give me updates about him, I would shut it down and say I'm not interested.

When I'm especially struggling I tell myself, even if I think it's lying at the time, that right now is a rough point. That everything looks dark because right now is a bad time. That it won't always be this way, that I just can't see it while in the thick of it

@cm0308 Sorry, I struggle with my two boys will time. Routine is key in feeling. Make sure you eat right and exercise, this is priority number one! Make time no excuse. You can deal with anything as long as you are well fed, exercised and sleep well. Remember that life is an unending series of complications, it doesn’t make any sense to be surprised at the arrival of the next one. Don’t fight the chaos, adapt to it.

@cm0308 I feel your frustration. I am a single mom too. If you can try to find sometime to take a hot bath, pray, and get good rest. When my son was younger once he was bathed & sleep I would use the free time to relax. Back then I had him on a 9 pm sleep schedule like clock work. Hang in there. You’re doing great! Give yourself a pat on the back 💫

Back