Anyone interested in a “cooking for multiples” sub?

@teripat Sammmeeee. Always looking, looking, looking. Everything I find is for babies, for older kids, time consuming or require lots of ingredients idc to obtain. “Fresh basil”? Gtfo. It’s indicative of how difficult and idealistic the recipe is.

@mendicant I often use a frozen protein as a base for my 3 y/o nieces. They like nuggets, pancakes, pierogis, and meatballs. Then I add a quick side and some fruit.

With pancakes, they love breakfast for dinner. Most recently we did microwave pancakes, bacon in the oven, and I made scrambled eggs with some cheese melted in. Served them each half a banana as well.

They also like spaghetti with meat sauce or (from frozen) meatballs. Tacos are a huge hit, we usually do beef and beans but I think they’d like chicken too.

I love picking up a rotisserie chicken and turning it into enchiladas, a salad topper, chicken tortilla soup, white chicken chili, buffalo chicken dip, or BBQ chicken sandwiches/wraps.

@mendicant One thing that I found had saved me is salt-free canned veggies. They are already soft enough that they don't need to be cooked, just drained and plopped on a plate. I don't even bother warming them up. Canned fruit is also good for this. My kids love canned Mandarin oranges and pears.

Also, for the two-ingredient banana pancakes, if you want to make your life easier, you can microwave them. I spray cups that are about the right size with oil and microwave them one at a time. I usually have three cups: one to fill, one cooking, and one cooling. Even though you can do only one at a time, it's still faster and less messy than the pan. You just need to make sure you oil the cups every time before cooking.

@mendicant the ideas here are great! We often chop all vegetables we have in the fridge down to tiny bits, brown ground turkey or chicken in a pan, add the veggies, and add JUST enough canned pasta sauce for the veggies to cook while the pasta boils.

When the veggies are done, i rinse the pasta in cold water and add in extra sauce at room temps. that way, as soon as the meal is ready, it is also cool enough for them to eat!