Anyone else hate working?

@liz555 Of course.

I do enjoy my job somewhat and want to climb the ladder but only so that I can have more financial security. But my answer to this question is still yes, I hate working. I do it out of necessity. Like most people.

@liz555 I don’t hate it, but it’s not my identity. It’s something I do to make money which I do like lol. I’m fortunate my job is low stress and flexible.

@liz555 I hate it too, at least being full time.

I liked it before raising a family when I had the full mental and physical energy for it. Now it just feels like a hassle that gets in the way.

I think working about 15 hours a week would be ideal for me, if it wasn’t for pesky things like funding retirement and college tuition for kids. I did this back when my kids were smaller and it was just right.

Even 4 day weeks would help so I had a moment to take care of personal/household needs and still get a chance to relax on the weekends.

@liz555 I’m extremely burnt out on my job right now and am really looking forward to maternity leave in 3-4 months, but I think my ideal situation would be working LESS rather than not at all. I’m going to try that for as long as possible upon my return, and possibly make some steps towards becoming self-employed.

@liz555 100000% agree, so burnt out and just don’t have that desire in me. However, I also really like being independent and I’ve had my own income since I was 15 and first started babysitting and working summer camp. So not having income terrifies me.

I also fantasize about part time WFH, but for me it would be legal consulting/doc review/writing/diligence whatever is out there for an attorney. I would never be a mommy blogger, I barely even post pics of my son for my friends & family!

@liz555 THIS HAS BEEN ME SINCE I HAD KIDS.

The only part is I know I don't want to be a SAHM. But I don't think we can afford me being part time right now. So I am working full time right now. I don't even know if my work would agree to part time with my responsibilities. But I really do hate working, same as you. Lately I feel like work gets in the way of everything. Today I returned from my workout, bought Tim Hortons (the girl at the counter gave me a free extra one). I pulled into the driveway and stared into greenery and sip my coffee. Because I wanted to. I could because today is my WFH day. Its the first time I stared at greenery for a long time without thinking about anything.

As far as work goes, I just want to do the bare minimum and get on with my life. Do what I want to do and SPEND MORE time with my kids than just the fucking weekend.

@liz555 I do enjoy working for the most part, but that’s because I am able to work part time and have flexible hours. I’m a nurse and also have my bachelor’s degree in business, but I know I would absolutely hate working a typical 9-5 office job. Like you, I have no desire to move up the career ladder or be in a management position. I just want to clock in, do my job, and go home 🤷‍♀️

@liz555 I don’t hate it. Honestly, I don’t think I could be a SAHM, working is better for me mentally and emotionally, which I think makes me a better Mom. I also like having my own money lol. And to me SAHM is working! Just no pay.

@liz555 I would never “work” again if I didn’t have to but I also don’t want to be a SAHM. If we won the PowerBall, I’d absolutely become a yoga teacher and teach baby yoga or join charity boards or something I could do part time and for only the joy of it.

@liz555 I used to work in sales and got very burnt out. Finding a less stressful job helped a lot! I did not have kids when I made the switch but there is absolutely no way I could have done that job with kids, as it wore me down without kids! I would love to stay at home with my kids but I have to work because I’m a single mom.

@liz555 I understand a million percent.

I am going to start working on getting my real estate license cause that at least feels like it’ll mean something, my husband is against it though because he sees my job is guaranteed money, I reminded him that it’s also guaranteed to drive me mad.

@liz555 100%. I never understood people who said their jobs bring them a sense of purpose or mental stimulation. Books bring me stimulation. Jobs bring money.

@waka It depends on your job I guess. As a Clinical Therapist I do feel like my job brings me a sense of purpose and mental stimulation. I would 100% not wanna be a SAHM. But I guess that’s why we are all different