Anyone One and done due to being the older sibling?

@robnox I see you in that. There was never enough to go around in my family growing up. I want my child to have the things I didn’t. Time, money for field trips and book fairs, the occasional sweet treat or a nice meal out. The ability to play sports or do art. Just the little things.

@marybelshe Amen - my mom did her best and I love her. It’s jsut wasn’t enough sometimes and we all
Suffered . I’ve done more as a parent with an only that I have my entire life.

@marybelshe Yes! I was the oldest of 5 as well, I constantly felt forgotten, left out, like a 3rd parent, and that I didn't really matter. I remember being younger in high school and always telling myself that if I ever had a kid, I would just have one, so that they could have all my love and attention and they would never have to share me. I thought that all my childhood. It's crazy that I felt that way as young as I was.

I love my siblings. They are all my best friends and we are all incredibly close (especially compared to my husband's 3 sibling family). I never blamed them for how I felt, but it really shaped my family life today.

@marybelshe I’m OAD because I’m the youngest and my older sister was so mean to me in high school lol still as adults she makes rude comments. She’s always had jealousy towards me so I limit how much I talk to her now we are in our 30s.

@marybelshe I'm the older sibling of 2. We have an 8 year age gap so I babysat her all the time and had to take her everywhere. I personally think many parental duties get pushed onto older siblings and it is absolutely unfair. I love her but we are polar opposites and not very close, so I am happily and guilt free one and done.

@marybelshe I'm the younger sibling and my sister was always the favorite and got away with everything while i got in trouble for her mistakes as well as mine. I could do no right and she could do no wrong. I know I would be a better parent than that, so it isn't a factor for me.

@marybelshe 1 and done because I was the youngest and an oops baby who showed up on my brother's first birthday. I feel like my presence robbed him of our mom during his baby and toddlerhood. Grateful to be here, but wonder if my older brother would be a bit more... idk happy? Less tortured by mommy issues... if my parents had waited or stayed one and done themselves.

@marybelshe I’m the oldest of just two. My sister and I are completely no contact due to a lot of issues I won’t discuss here. That’s my number one reason on staying one and done. No one can ever be the favorite, the golden child, the black sheep. Also there can never be any resentments coming from anyone. On a way, I feel my son is protected from all that.