Anyone interested in a “cooking for multiples” sub?

@teripat Sammmeeee. Always looking, looking, looking. Everything I find is for babies, for older kids, time consuming or require lots of ingredients idc to obtain. “Fresh basil”? Gtfo. It’s indicative of how difficult and idealistic the recipe is.

@mendicant I often use a frozen protein as a base for my 3 y/o nieces. They like nuggets, pancakes, pierogis, and meatballs. Then I add a quick side and some fruit.

With pancakes, they love breakfast for dinner. Most recently we did microwave pancakes, bacon in the oven, and I made scrambled eggs with some cheese melted in. Served them each half a banana as well.

They also like spaghetti with meat sauce or (from frozen) meatballs. Tacos are a huge hit, we usually do beef and beans but I think they’d like chicken too.

I love picking up a rotisserie chicken and turning it into enchiladas, a salad topper, chicken tortilla soup, white chicken chili, buffalo chicken dip, or BBQ chicken sandwiches/wraps.

@mendicant One thing that I found had saved me is salt-free canned veggies. They are already soft enough that they don't need to be cooked, just drained and plopped on a plate. I don't even bother warming them up. Canned fruit is also good for this. My kids love canned Mandarin oranges and pears.

Also, for the two-ingredient banana pancakes, if you want to make your life easier, you can microwave them. I spray cups that are about the right size with oil and microwave them one at a time. I usually have three cups: one to fill, one cooking, and one cooling. Even though you can do only one at a time, it's still faster and less messy than the pan. You just need to make sure you oil the cups every time before cooking.