1 year and a half in - sleep is impossible

@bondo I’m writing this as I’m on the floor next to my ALMOST 3 year old’s bed. 2:23am.

My daughter, almost 3, took quite the long while before she started sleeping through the night. Maybe a little after she turned 2. We’ve been told by EVERYONE that she’s a handful when it comes to sleeping. And I come from a big family.

But it WILL get better.

Biggest thing that helped us was to make sure she got her nap in during the day. Something about releasing built up cortisol or something. That’s what our pediatrician said. Smaller car naps wouldn’t work. She had to have a larger nap for sure to be able to sleep better at night.

Now, she doesn’t even take a nap. Sometimes she still wakes up. But I promise you, it WILL get better.

@bondo Mine are 3 and a half & 1 and a half and me and my wife are up about 3 or 4 times a night, every single night.
I'm currently writing this from my daughter's (18 month old) bedroom where I've been for the past 2 hours on a Friday night because she's been up crying. Everything you said about how the broken sleep is making you feel is echoed. It takes such a toll, physically and emotionally.