“No DoNt Do ThAt YoU’LL HaVe To cLeAn ThE DiApErS!!!!!!!” - half our family/friends reactions when I said we’re doing cloth

@elderjamesb I just recently heard someone say they do this and I was horrified. Even ignoring the environmental impact of just throwing away dirty clothes, I was just blown away by the financial impact of this. My family definitely doesn’t have the money to be literally throwing away clothes. I’ll gladly just clean off the poop.

@slashin8r This couple threw out their own PJs and the babies for one blow out! 🤯 imagine each blowout costing 3 peoples clothes…

Have to say through with CDing we had like no blow outs compared to people using disposables so…

@elderjamesb At the beginning we had a lot of pee leaks because my baby just was not big enough for even the newborn diapers and I wasn’t mentally in a place to do tons of troubleshooting. But once we got a better fit, and really got started we didn’t have really any problems. We do use disposables over night (we had tons of sleep issues and I just couldn’t deal with also trying to make sure my overnight diapers were absorbent enough). But in general we have found cloth diapers to be great, inexpensive, and easy to use. And we literally never threw away even one piece of clothing due to a blow out. That’s just wild.

@damon50 Same here and then when they realized how much we were saving with using cloth diapers, they are starting to try to convince my brother to use cloth diapers instead of the disposable. Haha no body can win.

@sunrise1471 Seriously! Big money saver!!!I got some cheap off Amazon have a total of maybe 20 with 24 flats and spent no more then 120 dollars well spent. Almost a year later and that’s it. I’ll admit tho…I am making a few fitted diapers from some cloth my mom gave me”bird eye cloth” from Mexico (100% cotton) because I want to use wool covers that were gifted to me. I’ve tried it with flats but don’t want to make it hard for baby sitter as she’s been very good about the cloth diapering part since it was a learning process for her.

@damon50 I'm waiting for our families to say something similar when we tell them our plans.
My mom talks bad about her brother because they did old school cloth diapers with their kids because they were so poor (according to my mom).

@lifespriority My hub was not thrilled at first only thing I think that motivated him was the money saving. Now seeing almost a year in that our little bean has had no diaper rashes we are saving a lot more money then he thought, he said it’s very worth it and loves that I pushed him a little bit especially cus we love seeing our baby looking cute in her little flower diapers.

@damon50 One of the things that cloth diapers really helped me with is dealing with poop in general.

Like, your child will poop on cloth, whether or not you use disposables or cloth diapers. Kids poop everywhere. They also vomit in things.

Cloth diapering means that I have the tools (sprayer, wet bags), the knowledge (washing routine), and the experience to deal with all of these things easily.

Basically, every parent is going to have to scrub bodily fluids off of a textile eventually. Cloth diapering really made that easy. Plus I saved money!