2 & a half years w no baby

@kittykat239 It honestly sounds like you BOTH need a work up. I’d probably start with the semen analysis — just save up till you can pay for it and then at least rule that out. If that comes back fine then you probably need to see an RE — having normal periods doesn’t mean that nothing else is wrong that could be causing issues but 2.5 years is too long to essentially be trying with no pregnancy. Also , a lot of fertility clinics offer either payment plans, low or no interest loans or even discounts based on income - so while expensive it might still be doable for you. I think doing nothing and just hoping it works at this point isn’t gonna get you what you want ….

@kittykat239 Hi! Your age doesn't matter at all, please ignore all the nasty comments on this thread. Please also try not to compare yourself with others (I know, easier said than done). Some of us just pull the short straw when it comes to fertility - it's not fair, but it is what it is. Your saving grace here actually is that you are young, so if it is something fixable you have many, many fertile years still ahead of you.

The number one thing you need to do is get your partner a semen analysis. He is equally likely to be the cause of infertility as you, and all he needs to do to check is wank into a cup. Don't even think of getting any of the invasive tests on yourself until he has done that, as you're putting yourself through additional stress and trauma for potentially no reason at all. Generally male infertility is an easier fix as well (diet and exercise can often sort it out), so his semen analysis should be your number 1 priority.

Wishing you the best! x.

@kittykat239 I am sorry that you’re being shamed for being young. You know what you want. If you decide later in life you wish you would’ve waited, that’s for you to discover! It’s not anyone else’s business, and you didn’t ask.

You didn’t mention if you track for LH at all or your BBT. Have you already tried that?

My personal belief is that if you have not tried that, try it for 6 months. If you still aren’t pregnant by that point, hopefully you’ve saved up the money for the semen analysis. If you have tried it, I’d do the semen analysis now. I’m going to get downvoted for it but I think some people wait too long for things to “just happen.” I watched my best friend try for 3 years only to discover her tubes were completely blocked from endo. Obviously that’s not everyone’s story, but that’s something she could’ve found out after a year and now she wishes she could have looked into interventions sooner rather than later.

Something my husband and I discussed when we started trying was how long we were willing to try before intervention, and what interventions we were willing to do. And if it came to the most expensive option of IVF, how would we pay for it and how many rounds would we be willing to do?

@davidpsalms THANK YOU . I don’t understand I see some moms get pregnant at 18-20 I’m literally an adult . and we’ve tried but I definitely will start using opks again never hurts to try

@kittykat239 Shop around for your testing. You might be able to find SA options for more like $50. If you need an HSG that might cost you $600-1000+ if it's not covered by your medical plan. If your doctor is willing to prescribe an Rx, letrozole will only set you back like $5/month.

Otherwise, keep up with tracking ovulation. A fertility doctor would likely tell you to make sure you BD every 2 days between about CD 10 and ovulation.

TTC expenses can really add up, so I get why you don't want to shell out for SA if it might not be worth it. In my opinion, OPKs probably are worth and can also be supplemented with temping to confirm your ovulation date (rather than just the peak OPK date).

If you want to look into lifestyle changes, the book It Starts With The Egg can help.

Back