When did u introduced toddler beds

bchapman

So im asking those of you who have ur twins/multiplets sleeping in the same room. Ive seen lots of post of the kids climbing into eachothers beds not letting the other sleep etc... shall i push with the cribs as long as i can (as long as its safe for them)? They are 15 months soon and nowhere near to climb out of those cribs yet, luckily. Im also 33 weeks along with singleton and i was wondering if i can somehow save myself of buying another crib

@bchapman im on the same side as you - I have zero intention to move to floor bed until they climb out. Anecdotally my niece climbed out pretty early and my other friends kid just climbed out at 3 ? soooo sometime before 3 is my plan lol

@tmp My boys are 2.5 and are still in cribs. They were swinging a leg up last month. Shockingly they listened when I asked them not to do that. Lol. Riding this wave as long as we can.

@oaky I can only hope my super flexible climber gives me about 6 more months before she starts escaping the crib. We are room sharing until our house is finished being built.

@oaky This is us haha. I saw them and was like ' oh Jo we don't do that otherwise we can get hurt!

Now they wait for me to lift them in and out. Mine are staying in until 16 at this rate haha

@bchapman Do you have a pack and play or bassinet? Maybe that’s a stop gap to wait it out and get crib later if they still aren’t climbing

@tmp No, but im planning to co-sleep until new babe learns to roll
We have a queen size bed and im sleeping alone bc my hubby cares for the twins at night (im working full time) and he sleeps in the living room closer to the kids. Luckily they dont wake too often but they still do sometimes. Anyways i wanna have new baby close in the first few weeks, months but ill get a crib after that phase :)

@bchapman A co sleeper bassinet that has one open side and tucks under your bed, is essentially like cosleepjng but, baby is safe on their own mattress. I loved just being able to reach over and breastfeed immediately and also sleep soundly after knowing they were safe :D you can get these second hand really easily for a decent price. Worth considering maybe?

@bchapman I switched to the toddler beds when the second twin figured out how to get out and was falling and hurting herself. The first twin figured out how to get out and slide down the outside and land gently. She'd just fall asleep on the floor after she was done poking about the room. The second twin couldn't quite master the maneuver and I didn't want her to get hurt so after a couple nights of her climbing out we switched. Their cribs converted to toddler beds so it wasn't a big change.

Switching to toddler beds took about a week of adjustment but then things mellowed.

@bchapman We transitioned them to toddler beds at 26 months. We just pushed them together and throughout the night they end up sleeping next to each other. They have similar sleep needs and don't really wake each other up.

@bchapman We transitioned at 26 months only because one of them somersaulted into the other’s crib and back one night and then tried to climb over the other side. We transitioned the cribs to beds that night and kept them a bit spaced only in the room to give them their own space. I would have loved to keep them in longer but it became a safety issue.

@bchapman My twins showed no signs of climbing out of their cribs until 26 months when twin B decided it was time and broke her collar bone on the first attempt!! .
So that was when we transitioned. About a week after we put them in separate rooms as well because they just caused mayhem once twin b recovered.

@bchapman I saw on another post that the parents room shared with the youngest baby until they were 18 months, then they would put the baby with other siblings.