What is the dumbest thing you’ve heard?

@donw1245 Does not matter. I heard them saying “morphine” and “fentanyl” before my c section but the tugging sensation still made me sick and they had to knock me out when they were sewing me up 😅

@schawinga At Starbucks one day …
Barista: “Oh are they twins?!”
Me: “yes”
Barista: “I ate my twin in the womb, hopefully they don’t eat each other too. Or maybe they did! You’ll never know”
Me: 😶

@cloverkid Wow they are not very bright lol.
But similar thing happened to me when I was picking up a click and collect. The lady told me she had twins but one ate the other & then they both died.
I felt terrible! I just said oh I'm so sorry.. then I went home & felt guilty that mine were both ok

@zacdaviid3 Same, I have no idea how to respond to it. I tell them I'm so sorry for their loss but at the same time, do singleton moms get told about everyones losses too?

Though I guess it's because we know how it feels to be carrying two, so they feel that pre-established bond and are more comfortable opening up.

@karenrose3388 Yeah I think it's that they're reminded of twins and feel they can relate which is a relatively rare ish thing so you never forget about the time you almost had twins... because I had a singleton first and strangers did not open up to me about their miscarriages, ever. I don't mean to shame anybody for sharing it's just hard to know what they're seeking when they share with us who have alive twins