What did your kids have for lunch this week

@joegibson We've been in a snack tray phase lately. My kids are 14 months and 2.5 years old. I use a muffin tin, and fill each well with something. My tin has 12 wells. I generally try and do 2 veggie, 2-3 protein, 2-3 fats, 2-3 fruits, 2-3 carbs, and maybe a treat or two. It's been a great way to introduce new foods and use up leftovers.

Today we had a tray with cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, ham, walnuts, oranges, cheddar cheese, bamba, and cheerios.

@joegibson 3 and 5. I almost exclusively make lunchbox lunch when they’re home - sandwich, fruit, pretzels, oat bar, rice cakes, etc. I’ll even make it in the morning so they can just grab it at lunch (5yr old is at school so it’s part of our routine anyway). Saves a lot of hassle!

@joegibson 11 months old. He learned how to open the cabinet with the cans recently and knows which one has the Vienna sausages in it so he's had those a bit more than he should probably. Oranges. Bananas. A few frozen chicken nuggets (his teeth hurt) , a few smoothies.

@joegibson My son is 2.5.

Wednesday- ½ grilled ham and cheese sandwich, grapes (quartered), and veggie straws

Thursday- chicken quesadilla, avocado slices, raspberries, and black beans

Friday- chick fil a nuggets, fries, and a peach

Saturday- leftover lasagna, garlic bread, and broccoli

Sunday- chicken noodle soup, bread with butter

Monday- fish sticks, mac and cheese, and peas

Tuesday- leftover taco casserole, guacamole, and blueberries

Wednesday- ham, cheese, crackers, yogurt covered raisins, strawberries, and a fig newton

@joegibson My son is five. This past week his lunches were pb&j with apple slices, whole wheat elbows with tomato sauce and broccoli, baby carrots with cheese and ham, and blueberry chia oatmeal and banana. We also went to Burger King one day.

@joegibson Almost 4 year old: PB&J, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, ‘pizza’ quesadilla. Sometimes I make her a “charcuterie” lunch. I include a cut up cheese stick, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, turkey pepperoni, goldfish, etc. She likes the small positions of a big variety.

@joegibson Veggie cakes, ham and cheddar on crackers, turkey and Swiss on crackers, yogurt, string cheese, blueberries

We call blueberries “baby crack” because my daughter CANNOT get enough of them. They’re so easy we can put them on the side of whatever she’s eating.

@joegibson i found a new easy thing to feed my 2yo, that she likes and eats. it's a campbells chicken noodle soup with the paw patrol character noodles. we don't even watch the show lol but it's simple and easy so i'm happy!

@joegibson My boys (13 & 16) have packed so far this week - friday they'll buy.

Monday they packed sandwiches - pb&j and ham & cheese respectively (which I mixed up and sent to the wrong kid... the one who got pb & j mistakenly didn't care, the one who got ham & cheese didn't eat... *grumble*), they also each had grapes.

Tuesday they took leftover duck pot pie. (one also got takis, the other got sweetios)

Wednesday they took tuna fish sandwiches. (one also got taki's, the other got sweetios)

Today they took leftover tacos - pinto beans w/ cheese (and onions in one case) in one thermos, and taco meat in another, plus a bowl & chips. One also got salsa.

They get juice of some sort or chocolate milk each day too, plus a treat of some sort - entamans little pie things, or little debbies of some sort, etc. They eat breakfast at school *AND* at home - I get up and make them either eggs or french toast every morning (tho sometimes I switch it up and make skinny pancakes (aka crepes) if I'm feeling particularly awake/nice...).

@joegibson 5 year old twins: hummus, pita chips & veggies (cucumber/tomatoes/sweet peppers/carrots/sometimes broccoli); cucumber cream cheese sandwich, rotisserie chicken sandwich; edamame & potstickers (frozen); dinner leftovers; grilled cheese (w/ spinach) & French onion soup; chicken nuggets; “snack lunch” (mixed veggies from up top; nuts; string cheese); scrambled or fried eggs and toast.

All accompanied with a fruit.

@joegibson Mine are 10 and 5. Were vegetarian and on the rotation for this week are:
Hummus and veggies,
Homemade bean and rice taquitos (I buy premade tortillas, roll up the rice and beans and throw them in the oven for a bit so they’re crunchy and don’t fall apart in their lunch box),
Pesto pasta,
PB & J,
Charcuterie boards (just different crackers, veggies and cheese cut up and spread out, it takes minimal effort but they think it’s fancy).

@joegibson Leftover chicken parm on a ciabatta roll with tomato sauce for “dip” and leftover sautéed green peppers.

Snack plate - raisins, strawberries, cheese, carrot sticks, Graham crackers, M&Ms, pretzel
sticks, almond butter.

Yogurt with a side of strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. (Ask me about my berry bill.)

Leftover plain linguini noodles with butter, broccoli, and cheese mixed in then microwaved.

Edit: Two and a half.

Edit2: Thursday update - Leftover grilled chicken cut into slices with plain yogurt dip. Blackberries. An apple.

Edit3: Friday update: no-mayo tuna cold pasta salad. (Whole grain elbow noodles, canned tuna, lots of diced celery and a bit of minced onion.) Blackberries, raw carrots.

And just make more dinner food! Repurposed leftovers are key to a 5m lunch.

@joegibson 2 1/2 year old

Today he ate a banana and some cashews. Eaten in the car right before he fell asleep. We often end up eating lunch in the car. I promise breakfasts and dinners are at the table and cohesive.

On days we do plan lunch and eat at home:

Peanut butter jelly on a Hawaiian roll with fruit and nuts.

Dino nuggets. Carrot sticks and hummus.

Target sells these really delicious red lentil Mac n cheese bites.

Peanut butter cinnamon tortilla roll up.

Quesadilla with dip.

@joegibson My 15 month old insisted on a sweet potato/apple salad mash up and he loved it! With blueberries on the side. We do a little charcuterie for my 4 year old, which is usually deli turkey, cheese sticks cut up, grapes, crackers, blueberries, apple slices, sometimes peanut butter to dip the apples in, and a sugar free fruit roll up on the side. Lunches are easy...dinners are what I struggle with because my oldest is SO picky.

@joegibson I used to cook fresh food in the mornings but I’ve been too exhausted recently. For my 4 and 7 year old: Nutella sandwich, chicken nuggets, egg roll, sausage, edamame, cucumber salad, tomato, clementine, strawberries, cheese stick, yogurt.