U.K. School Incident - how serious is this?

@freddie11 In the US at least, private schools have a LOT more freedom to kick students out than public (state funded and run) schools do. It’s a big part of the appeal for many parents. If you’re paying tuition, you may be able to push for expulsion, but if you present them with an ultimatum, there’s also a chance that the school will decide that they value keeping the bully and his siblings enrolled there over keeping your family.

@emmanuel2016 Yep, the kid is no doubt a bully, but if OP pushes too hard and the kids got 3 siblings in school or their parents are known to donate $25,000/yr on top of tuition, then the "them or us" question will be very easy for the school to decide.

@bechristianlady I mean you can say the same for an adult with a job. They’re just going to go to a different job and behave the exact same way. I agree with OP that there’s a double standard with how we treat our children vs how we treat ourselves. We expect our children to go back to unhealthy and unsafe environments, ones in which they get thrown across the room, but as adults we wouldn’t tolerate that behavior one bit.

@jjdgotgod Actually its in the universal declaration of human rights. Its a right. Go back to trying to pass yourself off as a “lady boner” it may not work but its less harmful than this drivel.

@padrealrod Remember kids, when you can't win an argument, you can always try and attack someone's character with something completely irrelevant from their past. In this case tinopa6873 failed but you can use this tried and proven evil conservative tactic too. It will get you out of uncomfortable discussions and debates where your beliefs will be challenged and very likely proven wrong. If nothing else, the person you are debating will just realize you're "the typical uneducated conservative who isn't willing to or smart enough to engage in polite debate" and will just ignore your unintelligible ramblings going forward.

@freddie11 Why are you asking Reddit? Do you think of enough ppl on Reddit say they should be expelled you can use a screenshot of it to make it so?

You feel really terrible right now because your child was hurt and your family was hurt. You must feel powerless and that really sucks. You know it’s going to be very hard to expel the bully.

@freddie11 I agree with you OP. It sucks that we expect our children to put up with shitty behavior when we as adults wouldn’t stay in that environment for one second. Adults have switched jobs for much much lesser. But a child gets dragged by their collar and gets thrown across the room? No problem, dust yourself off and go back there again tomorrow cause it’s ‘character building’.

@freddie11 Expelled??? Unless the UK is that much different from the US, then I seriously doubt it...

In fact, I doubt he will be suspended or reprimanded at all.

I mean, you said the teacher wasn't even in the room, right? So there's no way to prove ut even happened. And if there are no broken bones on your son or obvious injuries on your son, then I don't see how anything could be done at all.

@freddie11 I honestly have to laugh at people saying it’s assault

Ok sure it is. But you find a cop, prosecutor, and judge that thinks it is? You should bet on the fucking lottery cause you won

Just move it up the chain at school until someone takes action, and it probably won’t be much unless the kid is routinely suspended.

Needs to be a few of them on record beef anything serious happens

@freddie11 I mean yes that's assault and the school need to do something. That said when I was teaching a kid tried to run me through with a pair of scissors and I was expected to have him back 2 weeks later after his in school suspension. I was told I was being petty and unprofessional and I could not refuse him.
The system won't let the school expel him and you will need to make a fuss.

@freddie11 I'd be very surprised if it ends in expulsion but I'm unfamiliar with the private schools policy. My wife works in UK education and I was shocked by what children could get away with before exclusion was even mentioned.

@freddie11 Yes I would be fine with that kid being expelled but it likely would not happen (here in the USA). It takes a lot to get a kid expelled from public school here, they have due process protections. But yes, it's very serious, that kid will probably kill someone someday. Sounds like a budding sociopath/psycho path

@freddie11 agree. Tell the school they are obligated to provide a safe environment for your child. Schools often cater to bullies and bullies usually have parents that are bullies, too. So the school officials can be afraid of those parents.

Tell the school they must ensure your child is kept far away from the little psychopath. Tell them there will be legal repercussions if your child is attacked again.