Thinking about being OAD because first born is so easy??

brhjz

Anyone feel similar?
I always thought I’d want 2-3 kids but now I’m re thinking that.
My daughter is only 7 weeks old but I think we might be done. She already sleeps 6-7 hours straight in her crib a night & wakes up smiling & cooing every day! As long as she’s not hungry she’s content to sit in your lap or on her own in a swing/baby nest. As I type this she’s on hour 3 of a nap alone in her baby nest. Basically I’ve never met an easier baby 🥹
I do not think I have enough good karma to get me a second easy baby! I feel like my second would be a hell raiser haha
I now realize how much of raising a kid is completely up to chance/ your child’s temperament. I don’t think I want to roll those dice again!

@brhjz I’m the same way. Why roll the dice again when you already hit the jackpot. Our daughter is about to turn 5 and will still voluntarily take 1.5-2 hr naps in the afternoon if we have time…..

@marth4k1ng Our daughter is also almost 5 and either naps or takes a 1.5 hour "quiet time" willingly every day. I don't think I would be able to maintain that consistency if we had another kid. I think she is willing to nap because she doesn't know any different or doesn't have a sibling to break the pattern.

@marth4k1ng Well that sounds like a dream, mine was done with naps by 2! If she napped for 2 hours she’d be up until midnight. Thankfully she is good about having “quiet time” periodically throughout the day.

@brhjz I knew I was OaD before I even got pregnant but my daughter being super easy sealed it for me. That and pregnancy being a murderous hell hole.

@nurrse7075
That and pregnancy being a murderous hell hole.

Ha, I remember a stranger in the elevator saying something like "doesn't it feel great being pregnant? I felt great all the time!" I just said "I feel awful all the time but I'm happy for you".

Being pregnant was THE WORST.

@ambiencerain37 My pregnant GF came over the other day and she was having the EXACT same pregnancy as me. I just wanted to hug her.
No sleep, insane swelling, sore joints.... fuck that fat fuck. Never again.

@brhjz yup! already had my awesome unicorn baby, why would i chance it. there’s no guarantee that a second would be nearly as a easy. plus, knowing myself, i would compare a new baby to how my 7yo was as a baby and that’s not fair to anyone.

but i already decided i was OAD while pregnant so :)

any reason to be OAD is a valid reason.