She is one and done but I am a fencesitter, need some opinions

@carbon20 So much this. I’m the youngest of four and while I know my dad loves me very much, he really didn’t seem to have any interest in me whatsoever once I got to be about 8-9 years old.

@mmtb34 So if you are posting this here, what answers are you looking for? I guess you know strangers on the internet can’t really make good decisions for your individual circumstances.

Do you want people to tell you why it’s ok to have one? Older people to agree 40-46 is too old for another? Think about what you are hoping deep down to read in these comments and that might help guide you as to what you should do.

@mmtb34 She’s done, so you as a couple are done. That’s it. She’s not interested in having more kids, so please don’t apply pressure here.

@mmtb34 I have a sister that is 5 years younger, I am 34 and we have never been close. That is a big age gap so if you only want a playmate for your son I wouldn't recommend it. I guess it would be different if you adopted someone his age, although it doesn't guarantee they would be friends.

@mmtb34 Option 1: respect your wife telling you she doesn’t want another

Option 2: don’t have another because it isn’t fair if both parents aren’t 100% onboard.

Option 3: recognize that an infant at 40 is too much

@mmtb34 Why do you want to have another one? Whatever is the answer to that should be strong enough that you are willing to take the risk of loosing what you have now.

Back